Isaac, my youngest turned 3!! His birthday fell on a Monday so Vince and I had his party on a Thursday night but we still celebrated on Monday with something small with just Vince and I and Wyatt. Isaac went to hangout with Papa Jim all day while Vince and I worked and after Wyatt was home from school Papa took the boys with him to get Grandma from the airport. They both missed her like crazy and were looking forward to going. So I know that not only made Wyatt's day but Isaac's also.
Once the boys got home from getting Grandma and settled Vince and I called the boys in the kitchen for some cake and for Isaac to open his gift from us.
I just made a box cake and got the number 3 to stick in it.
Just a little something to celebrate on his actual birthday.
Then he opened the gift from all of us. He loves those trucks. A couple of days after his birthday he HAD to take them to Papa and Grandma's to play with and show them. I bet they were ready to hang us by the end of the day. Those trucks are cool BUT they are loud.
Thursday night we had his actual birthday party with family and friends. Isaac is BIG into bugs this year. The boy sees a worm or anything and he has to pick it up or stop and look at it. He is also obsessed with catching lighting bugs. Wyatt never really got into the bug thing. Wyatt thinks they are neat but never really got into examining them or anything. Isaac is the total opposite of Wyatt and I think Vince really likes it. I myself am with Wyatt, bugs are nice but I am good on picking them up and examining them and carrying them around.
Anyway here are some photos from his party.
Isaac's face lit up like a Christmas tree when we went to pick up the cake and he saw it. He LOVED it! I am off on Thursdays, so after Wyatt was dropped off at school Isaac and I started our day together and hung out and got stuff ready for his party that night.
The decor came from our church and that was nice. I hung up some posters with bugs and put some little stuffed bugs here and there and it was good to go.
My mom had these made by a balloon lady in our little town. She does some awesome work!! Isaac was loving the spider. He liked the tree with the snake. turtle and alligator on it to but was done with photos.He was not going to smile.
Time to eat!! We just grilled some burgers and hotdogs for his party. We got a few bag of chips and drinks, my mom brought slaw and that was the meal. Simple and easy. Vince got home just in time from work to help me get the meat done.
Some family visiting
Then I had a little search for bugs in the sand game for the kids to do to win prizes. I think they enjoyed it but I wish I would have been more creative with it. I waited till the last minute to get alot done and ran out of time to look around for ideas :(
The kids had some jump time while we brought gifts from inside the house to the outside for Isaac to open.
The birthday boy opening his gifts. He liked his batman card and ninja turtles the best that day and is still holding onto the ninja turtles and taking them everywhere almost a month later. I think he might be a bit attached. Vince got around to airing up his punching bag and he has been loving that thing like crazy the past week or so. He liked all his other gifts as well but the ninja turtles were his favorite I think.
Cake time!! Here he is blowing out his candle.
All cut and now time to eat!
Last thing we did at the party was decorate bug jars for the kids to take home. A big thank you to Pam, Steph and Tanya for the help on this activity. It was the end of the party and some were heading out to go home so I was seeing people out. The kids seemed to like it from what I could tell when I came back in the house and seen what I could help with. Definitely messy though.
In the end I would have to say it was a great party and I think Isaac had a lot of fun. I cannot believe he is three already. It seems like yesterday we were off to the hospital to get induced and see our second child. Now it is three years later and so far he has grown to be a loving, bull headed, strong willed but yet helpful and loving little 3 year old. I really do think he may be the one to give Vince and I the most grey hair in life. Lol. We shall see.







No comments:
Post a Comment