Well this weekend flew by like no other but it was fun and my business has officially kicked off again since Fall is just around the corner and that makes me one swamped woman. Lol. That is okay I will take it. I am just praying my health keeps at bay somewhat and does not get worse like last year and I fall behind. Everyone reading this say a little prayer please.
Anyway, this weekend we had a first for the boys and me. Vince's parents invited all of us to go to the DuQuoin State Fair with them. Luckily the weather was not sunny, and was cool and it did not rain. That made the day a lot easier for me. A lot of sun and heat do not mix with my health anymore.
We all left home around 10:30 and arrived at the fair around 11:30.
Here are some photos from our day Saturday.

Can you tell what was the kids favorite area? Lol! We were not even slightly into the fair yet and they both were already loving it.
This photo cracks me up everytime. He is smiling so big and has no clue what the sign even says. He was just happy to have his photo taken by the sign he kept playing with and would not stop when we told him to.
We all got to see the dog show. Pretty cool. Some smart dogs that is for sure and talented. They were called the Marvelous Mutts. They even let you pet one at the end.
Then there was the pet show and free petting zoo area.
Yes that is my oldest son petting a snake. Gross!!

Then there was the rides.
Last thing we saw was the Demolition Derby. I have to say that the Demolition Derby, the dog show and the taffy were my favorite parts of the fair. For the boys I would say it was the rides, Demolition Derby and food. lol. I am so happy Vince's mom and dad said something about the fair because it was definitely a fun day and experience. Its a ton of walking but Vince and I both said we want to go again next year. It is $7.00 per car to park and once you are in, you pay for rides, food and that's about it. The shows and derby are almost all free.






















No comments:
Post a Comment