Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Our Family Christmas 2011

Well it was our first Christmas together as a family of four and I have to say it was awesome!! Aside from being hectic at times getting from here to there we all had a blast. Christmas is my favorite time of year. Living with your Grandma Dee gave me the love for Christmas and a family. Decorating the house was a full day in itself. I am still not big on Christmas music and this year managed to not listen to it at all but I love all the decorations and family time. The thing I love the most about Christmas is Jesus's birth and a good Christmas church service. We did not get to do church this year but we did start a new family tradition that I am making sure we do every year. More on that later. Here are some photos from Christmas.
.
Thankfully Wyatt was still loving taking pictures with Isaac because we had to do these a few times to get it close to okay. So this is Take 1.
Take 2-We took these before we were off to Grandma and Grandpa Pettijohn's.
When we took the one with your father it was no big deal. You guys got it right the first time.  Anyway I think this is a good picture of your guys.
Chilling in your cookie monster hat. Every time I put this hat on you and show you what you look like in the mirror you just smile so big. I ordered this hat from someone else that makes these as a hobby and we all loved it so much we had to order ourselves hats to. I am going to love that family picture. Anyway back to Christmas.
Here Wyatt is handing out gifts. He took on this role at everyone's house this year and he loved it. When it came to Isaac's gifts he would even help open his.
Of course Lucy had to get a gift also. You cannot leave the dog out of the loop. Wyatt passed out all the gifts but before we opened them we had to do our new family tradition.
We had to read about the birth of Jesus and what Christmas is all about.  You see Santa is not a big deal in our house due to the facts that Vince and I feel that the whole Santa thing has really went to far these days. Vince and I decided to focus Christmas on the real reason we have the holiday every year and not on the fake one. So this is our tradition from now on. Hand out gifts in our house and before we open them talk about/read about Jesus's birth. We talk about what the real reason for Christmas is with the kiddos throughout December but we focus on it on Christmas Day. Anyway enough rambling and on with the show.
Every year we get the kids an ornament to add to their collection. Here I am helping Isaac open his first gift from us and his first ornament.
I have no idea what Wyatt is doing here. Goofy photo I guess.
Here is somewhat of a better photo.
Opening gifts. Wyatt had to help Lucy also.
Lucy going at her gifts already trying to get the sound maker out of it. So needless to say for two weeks after I would be picking up stuffing everywhere.
We got Wyatt a shaving kit for Christmas. He has been showing an interest in Vince when he shaves his face. So when Wyatt opened this he was on cloud nine.
Wyatt opening his ornament from us which was Thomas the Train this year. He got more gifts for Christmas but we decided to do more video recording over picture taking this year. Wyatt also got a Leapster that he loves and plays with almost everyday.  I have to say I love that we spent the money on the Leapster. The games that go with it are so educational and fun at the same time. Wyatt takes that thing in the car and he is as quite as can be. I am happy we found something that is fun to him but as also teaches him a thing are two also.

No comments:

Post a Comment