Friday, August 12, 2011

Wyatts Birth Story

With Isaac coming anytime now I wanted to get Wyatt's birth story on here so you can see how my first born came into this world. Hope you enjoy.
Wyatt's original due date was September 5, 2008 but he decided to make his appearance on May 30th, 2008. The day before I had had some cramping since I would say about two in the afternoon. I worked full-time as a waitress in the evening at my moms restaurant in Evansville and had to be at work. I had decided to go ahead and go since I had been having Braxton Hicks contractions for the last two months. I figured this could have something to do with that also. So I went in and worked and around 6 the pains started to get worse. I timed them and by that time they were about 15 minutes apart. I made it until 7 and called Vince and him and Neil came down and got me and I went home. Once I laid down they subsided so I decided to get up and take a walk. Vince and I walked around the neighborhood for a little bit and then went home. We lived in a trailer on Lincoln Street at the time. Anyway then I laid down and they were still there but not bad. Around 10 or 11 Vince laid down  and got some sleep. I tried that but it was not happening and I was sick to my stomach. Around 1 am I lost my mucus plug and then the contractions really picked up so we went to the hospital after I had called and ask for some advice. By the time we left the house and got there it was between 2:30 and 3:00 am and as soon as I sat on the bed my water broke.  How lucky is that. They checked me and I was at a five so I decided before I really hated life to get an epidural.  That was so nice and I got to rest a little. Here are some photos.
This was the cake from my baby shower that was thrown for me a month before.
Still pregnant and very tired I might add. We had decided to have my mom and Vince's mom in there with us for the delivery so I did not get hardly any sleep.  It was cool though.

The anxious dad!! From about 3 am to 9 am I just had contractions that I did not feel. (Thank you Jesus!) At 9am they had to give me some pitocin to get me from an 8 to a 9 because I was stuck on 8 cm dilation. At 10 I was ready to push and at 10:50 am we had Wyatt Ray Pettijohn.
Doctor Richard Brennen delivered him since James was on vacation.
There he is! There is so much emotion that you feel at that moment and it is so cool. I still remember looking at Vince and the look of amazement on his face.
I love this picture of Wyatt and Vince! Priceless!
When the staff was cleaning him up. Vince got to cut the cord.
Wyatt had a bit of a cone head. Poor kid. His Uncle Neil thought it was cool though.
Poor guy he looks so tired. Vince holding Wyatt for the first time.
Blogger is being stupid and not letting me comment below the last picture. 
That is me holding Wyatt for the first time. I was so happy when I got to sleep after that and eat. Vince stayed with me the entire time in the hospital and when we brought him home Vince had taken a week off. I remember feeling so nervous bringing him home but once we got there everything just fell into place. It was nice having our family all together and not in the hospital anymore. So there you have it, Wyatt's birth story.

No comments:

Post a Comment