Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How we met

Scanner is still not working right so I took pictures another way on this one.  So I thought I would do a post on how Vince and I met and started dating. As most of you know I am not shy. Well, I always got gas out at this gas station a little ways out of town when I lived out on my own. I always thought this guy was cute but was not sure how to approach him. He seemed nice and shy and was handsome as all get out (at least to me). We only said hi to one another here and there when he was at work when I had to get gas. I was always lazy when it came to putting gas in my car and had the service people do it and check the airs in my tires. I know I know, its sad. Here is the only photo I have of Vince in his work clothes. 
Not the greatest photo but it works. Anyway I talked to a couple of my friends at the time that worked at the gas station and got them to give him a call for me one night after they got off of work.Before that I had ask one of them to see what he thought of me. Turns out he had seen me in there and thought I was cute. One point in my direction. Lol.  Any whoo, even though he was hesitant at first he said yes at the end of the conversation. So after a couple of dates he ask me to be his girlfriend and we have been together every since.
We have been married 51/2 years and we dated for a 1-2 years before we got married. Seems like a long time when you sit down and think about it. While God has given us some obstacles, along the way, especially with my blood family, we are still going strong and love each other very much.
This is not the best picture of us but oh well. We were camping here and hair and makeup are not a priority for me when I am on a camping trip.Vince is a very sweet and compassionate guy who I am very lucky to have. I cannot wait to see where life continues to take us and our family. Even though he started out as a stranger and I took a risk, he ended up being my best friend and husband in the end. Pretty cool if you ask me and it goes to show, maybe we should all get to know someone new every now and then and not judge people. You never know where life will take you and that person could end up being the love of your life or your best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment