Thursday, June 5, 2014

Wyatt's First Piano Recital

Well if you are friends with me on facebook, you have done seen pictures of Wyatt's first recital but of course I am going to do a post on it also to add to Wyatt's book. 

So Wyatt had his first recital on June 3, at 2:30. Grandma and Grandpa Pettijohn came, my mom was able to make it and Vince and I took off of work early to come and see him play. One of the main things I love about living so close to family is that when there is something going on with the kids or us they are there to be a part of things. I love the closeness of us all. I did not have that growing up and I love that my kids get that. I just pray that we are able to continue to stay in the area and a job or life does not take us away. 

Anyway, back to Wyatt's recital. He was so nervous. I have never seen him as nervous as he was right before we went. That morning he was trying to fake sick because he was nervous about going but right before you could tell he was seriously nervous, like he was going to throw up nervous. I felt so bad for him. All we could do was give him some words of encouragement and pray it all went well.  
Wyatt's recital was in Ruma at the assisted living center they have there. 
Here he is right before it started getting in his seat to wait for it to begin. He would not smile for anything.
 On one hand the mom in me wanted to say its okay Wyatt you don't have to do this but on the other hand I knew he had to do this and he would be fine to help get over his fear. 
So after the two girls went in front of him and played their piece it was his turn and he rocked it!! He did so good. Did not mess up once and has only had seven weeks of practice, once a week for a half hour. He had to play three songs twice and did it without a mess up. Proud mom right here!! Vince and I got so many compliments on how good he did for only  starting such a short time ago. Vince and I could not hug Wyatt enough and were all smiles. 
Here he is with his other recital buddies and his teacher. 
Another perk of Wyatt playing piano is his teacher is just down the street from our house and she only charges $5.00 a session!!  That's five dollars once a week for us and she is in walking distance. We love it!!! Vince and I got to sit down there with him a few times and she is so good with the kids. She has so much patience and is so nice. We couldn't ask for a better teacher and Wyatt loves her. 
When the recital was over they had drinks and snacks for everyone there. 
Isaac getting some refreshments after the recital was over with Grandma Pam. 
Wyatt and my mom.
The boys with Vince's mom and dad. 
Grandma Pam and Grandpa Jim. 
Wyatt being silly. 
As you can see he was in a much better mood after it was all over. 
Wyatt with Vince and I.
We are so proud of him!!
Isaac decided to wanted to try out the piano as well. 
Maybe we will have another piano player in the family. 
At the end Wyatt's music teacher gave him a certificate of achievement. 
I am getting a frame for that this weekend to hang in his room. 

Way to go Wyatt!!!!

If you live in the area and are reading this and your kids are interested in learning to play the piano, I highly recommend Mrs. Wilkening. She is awesome!!



No comments:

Post a Comment