Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend was nothing to exciting. Just hanging out as a family. I know boring but Wyatt had something exciting happen.  I will get there in a bit. 
First off, Wyatt and Isaac got rain boots for the snow (their feet sweat like there is no tomorrow so we thought rain boots would be better over the insulated snow boots ) and Isaac LOVES his to pieces. The boy seriously tries to wear them 24/7. If he has no shoes on he will go and get his boots and bring them to us to put on him. So cute. Wyatt went through that same stage when he was Isaac's age for a couple of years. What is it about boots?  
See, sporting them in his PJs around the house. 

Next exciting thing but sad all at the same time is this....
Isaac is in a booster seat and is not even 2 years old. He passed Wyatt up on this one. The boy is over the weight and height on his baby seat so we bumped him up. Isaac LOVES it. He just smiled and kept saying like and pointing to his seat for a good 15 minutes. My baby is growing up and WAY to fast. Slow down buddy, I know you want to be and do what Wyatt does but momma is not ready for you to be big yet. 

And the last bit of excitement for the weekend was this...
I stole this idea off of Adrien Robert and it worked. We were having trouble with Wyatt listening and thought maybe if we gave him something to work towards he would listen and work with us.  IT WORKED!!  He did not listen everyday but on the days he did listen and help around the house he got a $1.00 to put in his bucket.  He wanted a Transformer so bad and what better way for him to get it. So we created a Transformer Fund. It took about a month and a half but he got his whole $30.00 dollars to go spend on his toy. 
Here he is at the bank in his camo boots. Told you, my kids love boots. He had $33.00 dollars to be exact, which was enough to cover tax as well. 
The proud owner of a new Transformer.  He was excited. He actually had enough money to get two toys since the big toy was only 21.00.  He ended up getting a little transformer as well for 10.00.
Putting them in the cart. Just the weekend before he had had enough money then to get the toys but we had forgot it at home. I had offered to pay for the toys he wanted and he could pay me back but he insisted on waiting so he could go to the bank and then pay for them himself. I was one proud momma. 
Paying for his toys. 
Getting a receipt and change. 
He walked out of that store with the biggest smile on his face.  He loves his transformer and even makes sure it is put away and takes care of it better then his other toys. Now we are saving for another toy but he has not made up his mind yet. 
I was worried that this was just going to make him act good to get a dollar and then it would end after he got his toy, but he wants to continue it. I actually had my four year old want to help me mop and clean the bathroom. Shocked the crap out of me. Wyatt says he likes earning money and being able to buy what he wants. I am so proud of him :) Thanks Adrien for the idea!!!

Other then that I worked on these over the weekend. 
So cute. If any of my readers are interested in one let me know. I make them in all sizes and I can ship anywhere. Here is my link if you want to check out my page on facebook. Remember to click the "Like" button to receive updates on new items I make. 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Crafting-Madness/195946990479607

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I LOVE it!! So proud of Wyatt! I think it's a great lesson for the kiddos. :)

    My kids are obsessed with rain boots, too - don't know what it is!

    ReplyDelete