Thursday, April 24, 2014

Laundry Detergent That Works

I started to make this and mid shredding of the Zote Soap I decided to make a blog on it which is why you see the dirty shredding tool I used, opened boxes and half a bar of Zote Soap. 

Anyway, Vince's mom Pam made this first and then gave Vince and I some of theirs to try and we loved it. I previously made  detergent that you had to boil water for and everything else. Well over time I got sick of doing all the work and it just did not keep the color in our clothes so back to Tide I went. Pam seen this and tried it and then we tried it. She gave us a oxy clean container dang near full and we had that for about a month maybe a little longer. I do a load of laundry every night  and then two loads a day on the weekend roughly, so I think that is pretty good if you ask me. This stuff also leaves your clothes smelling great and feeling soft and none of us had a reaction to it which was even better. 
On with what  you will need. 
What You Will Need
1-4lb. (12 oz) - Borax
1-3lb (7oz) - Super Washing Soda
1-3lb. container - Oxy Clean
2-14.1 oz bars of Zote Soap OR 5 - Fel Naptha Bars of Soap
1-4lb Box of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda
1-55oz Bottle of Purex Crystal

Use 1 to 2 Tablespoons a load

I highly recommend using the Zote Bars- One because you will only be shredding two of them and not 5 and two because the Zote Bars shred so much easier then the Fel Naptha Bars. Trust me. 

All of this stuff I found in the laundry aisles at Walmart. I know Target and Rural King carry it as well. I was just closer to a Wal Mart at the time and stopped there to get what I needed. 
Wyatt my helper. 

All you do is shred the Zote Bars and then throw all of the other items off the list above in a bucket. I had a 5 gallon bucket so that is what I used to mix and store mine in. I would recommend adding a little at a time and then mixing it and then add some more. Otherwise its pretty heavy at the end. 
This is a photo of everything mixed together. Its far away so I know its hard to see exactly how much it makes from the photo. It made a little less than half of the five gallon bucket. All that detergent and only 1-2 Tablespoons a load, I would say that is good. I use 2 tablespoons in mine. 

Hope you readers out in blogland decide to give it a try. I am all about saving money, especially with two little ones in the house. :) If you try this let me know what you think. If you have any questions ask away in the comment area. Happy to help :)




No comments:

Post a Comment