Guess who is potty trained. :)
Huh who would have thought as bull headed as I am.
Isaac (bullhead) James Pettijohn is potty trained!!!! We started at the beginning of the year because his big butt was outgrowing the size 6 Target diapers and when he would wear the diaper he would tell us a good amount of the time he had to pee and poop.
At first we tried training pants which is stupid if you ask me because it is just like a diaper and when we put the training pants on him he would develop a huge rash. So those were definitely out of the question.
After that we gave up on that and just did plain underwear. At first he was against the underwear because they felt different to him and he is not big on change but we stayed on it and he adjusted with a little coaxing from his big brother whom he will do anything for. It took us three - four weeks and ALOT of accidents but he goes now in the toilet. Both our kids never did the weekend thing. No matter how many weekends we tried it never happened. So we started one day and just worked with both of them from then on. Our kids are stubborn.
I would recommend for you new to potty training moms to buy plain colored underwear. The reason I say this is because at least with Isaac if he does not like the underwear you put on him he will pee or poop them to change. We have character underwear and that is what we are dealing with now. We have started the if you pee or poop in the potty you get a piece of candy or some sort cheap toy thing again to get him to stop. I literally went to Wal Mart yesterday at lunch and hit the clearance rack from Easter for prizes. Lol.
The candy has been working for the past few days but I hate to pump him full of sugar all the time. We will see. As I said he is stubborn. He knows what he is doing that is for sure. So I should say stubborn and smart. Lol. We have had some bed wetting also at night but we cut back on his drinks in the evening and that takes care of that. He gets no more drinks at 7:30 and then he makes it all night until the morning when we make him get up and pee right away.




Aw, way to go, buddy! :)
ReplyDelete