Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Wrap-Up

I am not sure how much detail this is going to be, sorry in advance.  I had gotten rid of that nasty cold last week only to have it come back and kick by butt this weekend. Oh well I am about to die here at work waiting on the doctor to call back. 

Anyway this weekend we had lots of firsts for everyone. 
Isaac can brush his own teeth and if you try and help him boy will rip your head off. No joke, he is independent that is for sure. We even had to get him an electric toothbrush like his brother.  We had a regular toothbrush and he would just throw it down and go for Wyatt's.  Needless to say after about a week of that Isaac moved up in the world and now has an electric one. He could brush his teeth for hours with that thing.  Oh and he  only can brush when Wyatt does, anytime before or after Wyatt, forget it. Definitely going to be our headstrong child, that is for sure! 

Second First for me and the kids was getting to go and see our first air show!!!! We all loved it!  It was a beautiful day Saturday and free to get in and walk around. You cannot get much better then that.  
Here are some photos.
This was in Belleville, Illinois at Scott Air Force Base. 
Isaac was trying to get out of his stroller so he could walk. Stinker!  This was pretty much the whole time we were there.  Trying to cage a wild toddler is no fun at all. 
You could go up on some of the airplanes and check them out. Wyatt loved that. Me on the other hand a little tight for my liking with a ton of people crammed in.  I had to keep reminding myself that I was not trapped and could get out. 
Here is one of the air planes flying during the air show. That is as good of photo I got of them flying. I should have brought my other fancy camera that could catch shoots faster.  I promise it was neat though. 
Here is the inside of one of the planes. I decided to try again and go on one when the air show was going on and things were less crowded. I handled it alot better that time. 
Wyatt coming off of the plane to see the air show. He did not like the loud noise so much. Isaac though enjoyed every minute of it. Every now and then Isaac would squeeze Vince's arm when he got startled but other then that he did good. 
Wyatt loved this!!  He was so exciting to get to go on this thing and look down in it.  
He even let me take a couple of pictures with him and Vince.  That is when you know he is not bored and enjoying himself.
Isaac trying to pull grandma every which way. Such a grandma's boys.  





Here they are in the helicopter!!! Isaac and Wyatt got to do this and loved it. 
All in all it was a great time and I hope we can go back next year and nothing comes up.  
There was also bounce houses there, planes all over to check out and climb on and funnel cakes, hand squeezed lemonade and all sorts of food. 

Now for the third first!!!
This one is all Mr. Isaac.  We have a walker!!!!!!  
He was taking a few steps here and there but took off this weekend and never stopped.  
Go Buddy!
I am so proud of my kiddos. 
The only down fall to this is we could not keep him in the stroller this weekend to save our lives. 
He wanted to walk everywhere and not ride. 
I seriously should have left the stroller at home. 
Here he is again!  He has such a cute little walk to, reminds me of an old man.  
All in all a very good weekend, except for the sick part. 

2 comments:

  1. Aw, love it! My girls just love their electric toothbrushes, too. It was the one way we could make teeth brushing exciting for them, haha. Otherwise, they wanted nothing to do with it.

    And yay Isaac! He sounds a lot like Gracie. :) Now that he's mobile, there'll be no stopping him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the air show pics! I've never been to one either and it seems like everytime there's one we have a million other things already scheduled! one day I'll make it to one .... =)

    ReplyDelete