Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pre-K Graduation and Wyatt is Five!!

Well as those of you know that follow and read my blog Wyatt is now six and graduated onto 1st grade. It is a bitch to get behind when you blog.  I did not want to miss writing about this though so I am putting this one in also with the rest of the posts and then I am caught up for the most part. So without further delay here is Wyatts Pre-K graduation and 5th birthday. 
Wyatts Pre-K graduation was on Vince's Birthday which is May 16th. It was in the evening in the Elementary School Cafeteria. 
Here are some photos.  
With Vince and I 
Vince's mom is on the left, Pam and my mom is on the right, Denise

Waiting in line to get his completion certificate.
Got it!!!!! 
It amazes me how much a year can make a difference. I look at this picture and then I look at current photos and I am amazed how much he has grown and looks older. I do not notice a change that much since I see him everyday I guess. 
The cake Vince and I had made to celebrate with Wyatt and family. 
Taking his photo with Grandma and Grandpa Pettijohn after the ceremony at school. He was so excited. Afterwards we invited family over to celebrate Vince's Birthday and Wyatt graduating from Pre-K. 
No big party but Wyatt and Vince did not care.
 We are all about family and small gatherings if possible these days. A lot less stress. :)

Now we are onto Wyatt turning five.
Here are some photos from Wyatt 5th Birthday I took








We went to my mom and Joes that night for supper. They ordered pizza (Wyatt's favorite) from Pizza Hut for supper and mom got him a little ice cream cake from DQ. My mom was going to be working when we celebrated his birthday on the weekend and Joe was out of town so this worked for all of us. We all eat, visited, Wyatt opened his gifts and then we let him stay the night. He loves when he gets a night at the grandparents on either side. That is like a birthday gift alone to him. 

Anyway, here are some photos from his birthday party. 

He had mastered no training wheels so Vince and I decided to get him a big boys bike. The downfall of this gift was though when Vince went to start putting it together not all of the pieces were there. Don't you just love when that happens. Ugh. So we took it back and ended up letting him pick out what he wanted. You will see what he picked out later on. 




Vince and I invited a few of Wyatt's friends over. The pinyata was yet again a hit with all the kids. I let Wyatt pick out what kind of pinyata he wanted and he chose a train one so that is what he got. 
Next up is the cake. 
Wyatt insisted on a shark cake if I could find one. 
Luckily Pinky's Sugarland in Chester was able to make me one. 
I think it turned out great and Wyatt liked it. 
Then the kids had a water balloon fight and a little slip and slide fun. For as long at it takes to fill those damn balloons the kids sure went through them fast. Vince and brother luckily helped fill another bucket full and then we were like we are done. Slide on the slip and slide. Luckily we did not get any lip off of that. All the kids were like oh slip and slide, don't mind if I do. Lol.



Then the adults visited while the kids played for a bit and we did gifts. Man oh man did the boy get gifts. Wyatt was definitely not disappointed. He was one happy five year old at the end of the day. 

After everyone was gone here is what he chose to do for the rest of the day.
Here is the new bike that he picked out after we returned the other one. 
A hotwheels bike. We went to Target to return the other one and he did not see any he liked so we stopped at Walmart and he found one he had to have. So home it came. It did not get put together until the next day but he got his new bike and on his birthday. 


Then him and brother played some t-ball out in the back yard 
This is what Wyatt got from Vince's parents for his birthday and they put it up at their house for the grand kids to play on and boy does it get used. Wyatt and Isaac love it!! 
Some of the decor that says exactly what I was going to put at the end of this post. A big thank you to Adrien Robert for making this for me. She did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment