Well this weekend was our towns Fireman's Picnic and Wyatt was looking forward to it since the beginning of the week. Come Friday when he seen the rides going up ( we only live a couple blocks from where the picnic was) he was over the moon excited. Lol!! He would not be quiet about it. He wanted his dad to be home from work and NOW. So when Vince came home from work we all eat supper and were off to the picnic. Vince and I are not big on crowds so we went early to avoid that. It was a success!
I was impressed with how well Wyatt and Isaac got along and did not argue over what rides to ride.Isaac went along with whatever Wyatt wanted to do without a second thought. I think he was just happy to be at the picnic and riding rides with his brother.
Here are some photos we took.
I love the look on Isaac's face on the photo above. Lol! He wanted to get on with Wyatt and did not argue but as soon as I whipped out the camera he was all really mom you are going to take a picture of me in a pink elephant. Yes son I am and if I am nice I will not put it in the paper on your 18th birthday. Lol.
Vince and I always just take the boys one night and that is it. We do not have the money to spend a ton at the picnic and what money we do have we would rather use to take them to do something else. So after an hour and a half all the tickets were gone and Wyatt had tried to win a fish more then enough times, so off we were back to our house.
Saturday for me was a baby shower and babysitting day for one of our friends.
Sunday we went to the Fireman's Parade and just hung around the house and got caught up on things.
Here are some photos from the parade.
I took photos of most of the things Wyatt saw and got excited about. Wyatt is really big into sports cars right now so he loved those the most as well as the firetrucks. Isaac was mostly into the big farming equipment but at the times those things went by I was busy helping pick up candy. Both boys had a TON of candy by the end of the parade which was about an hour and a half long. They will be eating that stuff for days.
This was the first year I seen Wyatt really get into picking up the candy and really interacting and he is six. Isaac of course follows in big brothers steps and was having a blast picking up candy and mimicking what Wyatt was doing. It was cool to see them both get so into it considering last year they were both like eh this is okay. Our boys are growing up and way to fast.
All in all it was a good weekend and more memories were made in the Pettijohn household.
Praise God for nice weekends and family/friend time.










We go to the picnic just one night, too! And I guess we picked the same time to go, haha. The girls get a kick out of running into people they know. :) It does get expensive, fast! But it all makes for a super fun weekend.
ReplyDeleteThat it does. The boys had a good time that is for sure. Sorry we did not get to visit much at the picnic. Looks like we all had our hands full. Nice seeing you guys though.
Delete