Friday, June 3, 2011

Post on Wyatt

As most of you know Wyatt turned three years old on May 30, 2011. I still am in shock and kind of sad at how fast time flies. (Remember folks I am hormonal) It seems like just yesterday I was up for 24 hours in labor and delivering my baby in a hospital room and now I am dealing with attitude and a high in energy toddler. I have actually gotten better about saying to myself God when is this attitude phase or tantrum phase going to be over. I try not to do that anymore cause in all essence I am wishing for more time to fly by that I cannot get back. One day I will miss all of the hecticness so I am trying my best to make the best of it and enjoy my son while he is still young. Here are some photos on when he was a couple weeks old.
The proud dad. Vince has been such a good dad over the years. We were both nervous about becoming parents but in the end we just fell right into it and went with it. Wyatt loves his dad and me to with all his heart. Just yesterday morning I was hurrying along and got Wyatt in the car and he realized he had forgotten his hat. I tried to tell him it would be okay but he looked at me and said "mom if I don't have my hat dad will not be with me all day." Talk about a tear jerker. So in I went to find it. Vince and Wyatt picked out those hats together and he never lets it leave his side and for those of you that do not know, the hats are matching Cardinals caps. I pray over the years Vince and Wyatt can stay close and Vince can show Wyatt so much in life. I am his mom but I do not do all the cool things like working on cars and playing with tools. Wyatt and I do make a kick butt chocolate chip cookie mix though. Lol!

Again when Wyatt's was a few weeks old. Right about then I was probably wishing for more sleep or an extra set of hands. I miss that stage though dearly. Now Wyatt and I watch cartoons together (I am still a kid in my own way), he helps me bake every now and then, we color and enjoy being outside.  Again I have slowed down on wishing more time away when we hit a rough patch. He looks so tiny in that picture. Wyatt did need me more back then but he needs me in others ways now. Ill take it.

He loved to curl his feet up when he was a baby.

Here are some recent photos of him.
This would have been his two year photos. Speaking of which I need to get some good three year photos. Yikes!

Him and his dad just hanging out together. It looks like I took this one on 12/14/2010.

I love this one of them fishing together. They actually did get to fish this past year and Wyatt loved it!!

Playing at the park. Wyatt's favorite past time.

His 3rd birthday.

Being a parent has been and is so rewarding in so many ways. Wyatt has shown Vince and I how to love and be grateful for what we have in a whole new way. I am so thankful God gave us Wyatt and continues to let us watch him grow year after year. Like I have said the biggest thing I have learned at least is to not wish time away and enjoy each day with what you have. The second biggest thing I have learned is patience and I sure Vince would agree with me on this one  hands down. The boy is only three but he sure can push things.
So here is to three years. Wyatt you have shown me and your dad so much and we are excited to see you continue to grow and learn new things and along the way teach us new things. You are going to be a big brother this year but your dad and I have vowed to make time for only you on certain days and we will never love you any less.

Love Mom and Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment