Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wyatts 3rd Birthday!!!

First off I wanted to thank a Mrs. Sally Crook/Wittenauer for making this wonderful cake for Wyatt's 3rd birthday. Her sister Marie had done our wedding cakes and when I seen some of Sally's designs on her facebook page I had to give her a try also. Everyone loved the cake and Wyatt had a grin from ear to ear when he seen it. (See picture below).  If you want to give her a try let me know and I am sure she would love the business!! I will definitely be using her again!
Anyway, I cannot believe I have a three year old. It seems like yesterday I was cuddling, missing sleep, cleaning bottles and all that other fun stuff you do with a baby. More on that later in another post I am working on. We had Wyatt's birthday party at Pizza Hut this year. It was nice to not to have to cleanup and worry about fixing anything. Next year I will be more motivated to do more when I am not pregnant. Here are some photo's from his special day.
Wyatt's Birthday Cake!

He loved the balloons the best! He seen those and all he wanted to do was punch them to death. Such a goofball! Our theme was Thomas the Train if you could not tell. He loves trains, so we went with it.

Here is a photo if both sides of our family. Tiffany could not make it due to being busy at work. On the right you have the Pettijohn side and on the left you have the Holmes side and mom's boyfriend who Wyatt has known since he was a baby and calls Papa Joe.

Told you, grinning from ear to ear and that was the second time he had seen the cake.

Family shot!
Opening presents! He made out good. Rex the dinosaur from Toy Story, Cardinal's pillow pet, train set and some other little things. He even has a matching Thomas the Train outfit on. No I did not plan that either. Pam had picked it up and I decided to make that his birthday outfit since it fits the theme perfectly. By the way my husband thinks I am nuts for getting Wyatt special outfits for certain occasions. Does anyone else do this? By special occasions I mean his birthday, Christmas, etc.

His new train set from Grandma and Grandpa Pettijohn.

Here is the view out of the box. Who knows what he was thinking here.

Lastly Wyatt's gift from us. A train table. I found this on Craigslist for $35.00 and went with it. The best part we only had to drive to pick it up outside of Hecker. He loves it!!! We put it in our dinningroom for now and will eventually move it downstairs. He has been playing with it most every night. Now I just need to find him more tracks to put with it. He also loves the air hockey table downstairs we fixed up and has been playing on that each night with his dad cause for some reason mom is not allowed to play with it. We had picked up some pushers for it and pucks on Monday and he is on heaven. Good thing we did not give that away. Well thats it. Thanks for tuning in.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I sooo don't blame you one bit for not wanting to mess with the clean up of a party when you're pregnant. I think you found the perfect solution! Wyatt is absolutely adorable.

    And no, you are not strange at all for having special occasion outfits. :) And $35 for a train table?? That is a steal! Great score - those things can be ridiculously expensive. Looks like he had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine PettijohnJune 3, 2011 at 12:36 PM

    Thanks Adrien! Vince keeps telling me that if Wyatt was a girl I could get away with special outfits/a new outfit for the occassion but he is a boy so I cannot do that. I keep telling him to deal with it and its a mom thing. Lol! The train table was an awesome find. I could not spend that much for a new one. No way!

    ReplyDelete