Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend was pretty eventful and somewhat relaxing. We have started working on things for when Isaac comes in August. It amazes me how you can be pregnant with the same sex child as before and still have a ton of stuff to get ready. Its crazy I tell you, just crazy and while I have until August we also have other activities we want to do this summer so we started now because this girl HATES to be doing everything last minute.
Enough said, now on to the weekend. I could not tell you what we did Friday night, so we will start with Saturday. Saturday morning we got up and Vince worked on Wyatt's bunk bed. Then Saturday evening we got to go on a date cause some friends of ours watched Wyatt. Thanks guys, you rock by the way. Vince and I decided to eat here

Yep the Olive Garden. I was craving some of their salad and bread sticks. I have to say though it felt weird to both of us to actually get to talk and have a meal without interruptions. We did not know how to act. We actually eat around six when our movie was over and it looked packed from the outside but we only had a fifteen minute wait which was nice.  As I mentioned before we seen a movie before we went out to eat.
That was my one request when I was pregnant with Wyatt and I made it my request for this time around to. Its hard enough with one kid to get to go out on a date but with two it will be even harder. Vince did not argue with me and I got my wish. We went to Ronnie's Theater in South County and I loved it there. It was my first time in that theater and it is huge. We usually go to O Fallon and we used to go to Fairview Heights theater but that one has went really down hill in my opinion over the years. Anyway we ended up seeing this...

You see right, X-Men. We were stuck between that and Fast Five but when we watch the trailors for them both we both agreed X-Men was the way to go. I love it!!! It is such an action packed movie and it definitely held our interest. Usually Vince falls asleep in the theater but not on this one so you know it was good. Lol! Next movie we see in theaters will be Cars 2 with Wyatt.
Anyway it was a nice and relaxing night and Wyatt even had a blast at the sitters. We also did a little shopping before and after we got Wyatt and then home we went to crash for the night.
Sunday was just mainly doing stuff around the house. I helped Vince with what he needed for the Foosball table and he worked on Wyatt's bunk bed. Here are some photos.

He was so excited when we got this box and his bed was in it.

Helping his dad.

Oh yes we  got to blow up this big ass thing. He won it as an attendance prize at the March of Dimes race in Red Bud. This thing is HUGE! It is now in our basement so I can keep my sanity. It is basically a punching bag with sand in the bottom of it. He loved it and was constantly trying to jump on top of it. Whatever makes him happy.

Here it is finished. I think this was the best gift we ever could have gotten him. We got this bed for two reasons. 1. Wyatt has a brother on the way and they will be sharing a room for awhile. 2. It was a gift for being completely potty trained and becoming a big boy. When Vince and I were putting on the ladder he kept asking us if we were done yet and how much longer before we were done. I had to shut the door to his room to get some peace he was that excited. I loved seeing him get that excited!

Look at that smile! He has told Vince two or three times now thanks for putting his bed together. At this point I am thinking to myself maybe this will be a smooth transition from our bed to his. He was that excited and wanted to sleep in his own room.

Of course dad had to get up there with him. His favorite spot is the top bunk but he is not allowed to sleep up there at night and not at all until he sleeps in his own bed for a week or two and not ours. Vince and I said we would let him take naps up there on the weekend, but that's it. That way it is during the day and we can keep an eye on him. I am so afraid he is going to fall and from that high that could be bad.
Wyatt is not the only one that loves this bed. I love it because it comes apart and makes two twin beds. So if one day the boys want there own room and we have the space we can pull the beds apart. I also think these will last them for many years which makes me happy!
I looked around for a few weeks and could not find one cheaper then Walmart. So this one was 192.00 and then we got 25.00 off cause I had a gift card for Walmart. So we did not do to bad. The mattresses we got from Mattress Firm in Fairview Heights on Memorial Day for 87.00 a piece and they are comfy! Plus we got free delivery! I think we did pretty good. But on with the weekend.

We got Wyatt's pool down for the first time this year. I intend to take him to the Red Bud pool this year at least once but that's it. He can still get around in the pool he has. He has a blast and get this I fill the thing up with water and while I am filling it he just goes down the slide like it nothing into ice cold water. Nuts!! I could never do that.

Here is another pool photo. He played in that pool for at least two hours Sunday. It was nice to water and take care of the plants while he entertained himself. I also got to hang the laundry out for the first time this year. I am determined to hang the laundry out on nice days and not run the dryer.

Lastly here is a sleeping shot. Lucy our dog is a momma/Wyatt dog. She follows me around everywhere and Wyatt to. So far we are doing okay on him sleeping in his own bed. I am determined to make it work this time. With me getting bigger we are running out of room and he is 3, it is time. He starts out in his bed for now and that is an accomplishment trust me! This weekend whenever he wakes up and comes in with us we are going to take him back to his bed and stay until he falls asleep. Ill keep you posted on how that goes. Like everything though this will pass before we know it. That was about it for the weekend other then some house work. Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Aw. I love seeing kids so excited! Good job, mama! Looks like Wyatt is having a great summer so far. :)

    ReplyDelete