Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cars (Not the movie)

Okay so my scanner is not working right at home for some reason so I am doing this redneck style this time around. So I decided in my some of my next posts to take a trip down memory lane. Here are the cars I have had since I turned 16.
This was my first car.
87 Chevy Nova.
While it was not the best looking car it got me from point A to point B.
 I actually miss this car.

Seeing it was so old it did not have AC/Heat and the radio cut in and out all the time. If you rode with me it was your job in the passenger side to kick the radio box to get it to come in for awhile. Eventually that stopped working though and we just had no radio. Oh well it had a tape player I could plug a portable CD player into and jam out that way. Lol!  
I remember taking laps at lunch in this thing with some friends and jamming out. I did not care if I was cool or not I had my own car and loved it.  But eventually she died and I moved on. Luckily I was going to get a new car anyway and was trading the Nova in when she died. I just pulled into the car dealership, parked and then she died never to start again. Talk about luck on that one.

 Next is the 2000 Ford Focus
I do not remember what age I was when I got this car but I know I was still in high school at the time.
Again excuse the pictures.
I had this car for I think close to five years. Considering I was in school yet with this car it got to experience some laps around the town also and some road trippin. I did not get to do the road trippin until I lived on my own though. Hey I was young and that was my way of fun with my friends in a small little town.

We kept this car for five or six years and then we had to move on. Unfortunately when this car reached over 100,000 miles it decided to become a major piece of crap. My poor husband was working on it every weekend and he would get it fixed and then something else would go wrong. Vince and his dad put alot of time into this car and Vince and I alot of money. I am lucky to have a husband and a father in law who can work on our cars. It saves us some big $$$$ in the long run. So in 2010 we took it and traded it for something else.

And so we have...................
2000 Honda Accord

This is my current car and I love it! I get a sunroof and a moon roof along with leather interior. It is the little things in life that make me happy. So far so good with this car. Knock on wood. Lol!


So three cars since I was 16, I do not think that is to bad.

My dream cars would be....

One of these!


Or one of these!
Notice the color in both photos, I have a thing for yellow cars.
One can dream can they not?

But in reality I would be happy with.....

One of these.

What were your first cars????

3 comments:

  1. 1989 Maroon Grand Am
    1997 Red Chevy Convertible
    (Would you believe I'm not sure what year my current car is?? Haha.) But it's a Silver/Pewterish little Toyota - the best, most dependable car I've had yet.

    Clearly we don't care what we drive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL loved the trip down memory lane!! I think my first car was an Oldsmobile but I don't remember what kind hmmmmm some guy hit me when I was making a left turn though (and he was speeding over a hill) and knockedd me across three lanes of traffic and into someones yard and into their little tree.....right down the road from my house...and this was in a SUBDIVISION lolol...I was fine but the car was totaled!! I currently drive an 08 JEEP Patriot....for some reason I want a Porsche now...have no idea why since I always have a little one with me who is spilling something in the backseat :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol: That is terrible about the accident and one is allowed to dream, right. I think if we could afford one of my dream cars, even with kids I would make it work. Lol! Thanks for the comment.

    Adrien: I told Vince after the Focus I wanted something dependable and did not care what it was. We ended up going with the Honda since he has had good luck with his so far. Knock on wood and I love mine. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete