Vince and I call this our actual wedding due to the fact that this was the day my name changed to Pettijohn. We got married at the courthouse first due to the fact of most churches will not marry you if you live together first. It was my idea to live together first. Take that back, it was my demand. Getting bounced from home to home for a year and an abusive blood family before the moving from home to home I decided that I would never marry a guy without living with him first. With that being said we lived together for a year and decided to get married. We talked to the pastor at the baptist church in Red Bud and he said he would renew our vows if we got married at the courthouse first. So that is what we did. I still wanted to have a simple wedding with family and friends. That is for another post though.
On March 3, 2006 we got up and got ready to go to the courthouse. My sister did my hair and I had my nails done the day before. Vince and I went in the the same car. I would say it was a loving ride but it was not. Vince was nervous I could tell. We ended up getting into a fight on the way down to the courthouse and my maid of honor had to tell him to chill and stop being a major ass. Once we got down there and we were around family and friends he was fine and apologized. So once everyone arrived that we invited for the occasion we got married.
Here are some photos.
Vince and I with our marriage license and rings.
Vince and I with his parents. I promise they were happy for us. This photo turned out bad.
Vince and I with Trevor (Vince's best man) and Tara (my maid of honor)
Gosh we look young.
Exchanging rings
Smooches!!
Its done!
Happily Married
Our rings. Vince and I got our rings from a shop in Marissa, IL.
Vince and I and my mom
The place where our lives began as a married couple.
RECEPTION
We had are reception at my moms restaurant in Evansville.
Our wedding cake thanks to Marie Wittenauer.
Cutting the cake.
Look at that look on his face. He knew better then to smash it in my face and luckily he didn't. He was really concentrating can you tell. Lol!
That was our wedding day. We had a fun time that day. It was a small group that celebrated with us. Just my mom, Vince's parents and my maid of honor along with Vince's best man.We had our honeymoon at Rend Lake in Whittington. Stay tuned for our renewal of vows.

Sometimes I wonder if I would have liked to do a small intimate wedding with just a few friends and family. With hubby's parents and all family being from 1000 miles away (and they all drove down for the wedding), I felt pressure to have a bigger wedding. But man what a headache!
ReplyDeleteYour pics are great! I hope you have a great weekend!