
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Doing something good.
This year I hope to do more towards charity and helping out in places of need. I have always told Vince I want to go and take Wyatt a couple times and volunteer at a homeless shelter. I know some may think I am nuts and that is gross but for me it isn't. I want my children to see how the other side lives. I know some homeless have done it to themselves, but some have not. Some have lost their jobs and their homes cause of lack of money or they have gotten sick and racked up a lot of hospital bills. That is what I look at when it comes to the homeless. I know a lady from our small town named Heather who takes blankets, lights, flashlights, socks and other items down to a homeless site and I admire her for it. When 2011 struck I vowed to myself to get in touch with her and find out where she all delivers to and do something like that myself. The church I go to in town also goes and helps other churches on occasion with community based things. I also want to do that, last year I had to work so I could not go but Vince went and he loved it. I hope to take Wyatt with us once and see how that goes. He may be to young yet but it does not hurt to try right. So hopefully in 2011 I will have some blogs for you that will be different but yet good. Wish me luck. Remember there is always activities out there in your community also that you could help with and get involved in. I think its fun to meet new people with similar interests and the same goals as you. Who knows those people or person could end up being your best friend.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Due to the recession, alot of people who made an average living have been put out of work, people just like you and me. I am sure it is heartbreaking for those that can no longer support their families and who must rely on shelters and soup kitchens. It will be great for them to see a smiling face and hear your kind words! I think this is a great post Christine, I can't wait to see how it unfolds.
ReplyDeleteWhen you find a volunteer opportunity, you should post it here as well as facebook. There are people who don't volunteer simply because they do not know how or where, perhaps with a little more information, you could rally volunteers for your chosen cause. I'm really excited about this! Good luck!
I want to get more plugged in at church, too. It's tough with two babies but there are always areas to serve. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments guys! Definite motivation! Adrien I will soon feel your pain. Lol! We should do a babysitting switchoff at the church when an oppurtunity comes up to go and help somewhere.
ReplyDelete