Monday, July 9, 2012

Our Weekend

Well the week went by way to fast as usual. My weekend started on Tuesday instead of Wednesday and it was AMAZING!!! I love only working three days a week. 
Anyway not a whole lot happened. The 4th of July was spent at my Moms and Joe's in Evansville. We had supper there and watched the fireworks, which were good. Several people have said that Evansville fireworks are not that great, but I liked them and thought they were good.  
Here are some photos of the rest of the week for us. 
.
I scored this recliner for $2.00 at a yard sale Thursday in Red Bud. The boys love it and are already fighting over it. 
Wyatt decided to read a book to his brother for the first time. So cute listening to Wyatt read Isaac a story. Since he cannot read the words yet, he made up his own story about fish, snakes and Papa Jim. Lol! Do not ask me where he comes up with these things. All I know is he has a healthy imagination.
Wyatt got to get his first ice cream from the ice cream truck in Red Bud. Those people are so nice. Wyatt picked out an ice cream sandwich. I could not believe it.  The truck had sonic the hedgehog , sponge bob and so much more and he chose an ice cream sandwich. To each their own I guess. He has forgotten that he has it though and his ice cream sandwich is the freezer yet. 

I remember my first time seeing an ice cream truck was when I was 16, if I remember right and I got excited. I had never seen that sort of thing growing up and thought it was neat.  

Other then the above, we stayed inside and stayed cool this weekend.  We did venture out to run to Waterloo real fast for some things and made it home before all the rain luckily. It was to hot to do anything else.  We did make some art of the boys hand prints and feet. Isaac and Wyatt's feet and hands are so close in size. Isaac is one big boy.  
I think this weekend is going to be making shirts. I am trying to do a one craft with them a week. I love the time it gives us together and gives them both something to do besides sit in front of the television. 
This is how our weekend ended. 
The boys loafing in their recliner and Vince and I chilling in ours. They were fighting over the recliner so I made them both sit in it and it worked pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment