My Mothers Day was awesome!!! I got to sleep in until eight.
It is amazing how when you become a parent how sleeping in until 8 is like a vacation.
Anyway, I got up and got the boys dressed for Sunday school, went and dropped them off.
When I went to pick them up I was surprised by these.
Isaac and Wyatt made these in Sunday school. I love them!!!They have a little candle in them to light. I need to do that part yet.
Anything is beautiful when it is from your kiddos.
Anything is beautiful when it is from your kiddos.
Here is what I received from Wyatt that he made at school.
I took it to work with me Saturday night and showed it around.This is going in my keepsake box for sure.
Once I picked up Isaac from Sunday school (Wyatt wanted to stay for church with Grandma Pam) we came home and waited for the Pettijohn side to show up for lunch. We all pitched in and made lunch for Mothers Day.
Sidewalk chalk fun.
After everyone was at the house we eat lunch, the boys gave me my gift, a hummingbird feeder and Jim and Pam got me a hanging plant. Vince, Wyatt and Isaac made me a marble cake with chocolate icing and strawberries cut in the shape of hearts. I have a weakness for desert. It was so good. Pam made a blackberry cobbler with ice cream. Add that to pork steak, baked beans, corn on the cob and salad and you have one amazing meal. Holy calorie intake. Lol!
After lunch we gave Pam her gift, a hanging plant and just hung out for a few hours relaxing.
Jumped on the trampoline a little
Chatted it up
Got some photos of me and the boys. I do not look to happy in the second one but in my defense we were on our fifth or sixth try. Wyatt likes to be a goofball.
Played some Go-fish
My hanging plant from Vince's parents.
When everyone was gone I had me some chair time working on some orders and we rented Labor Day Weekend from cable plus a 20 minute walk to get us all out of the house for a bit.
All in all it was a great day!
Becoming a mom for me has been a whirlwind of emotions. Its hard to put into words. I am so proud of both of my boys and love when they accomplish something new, get a year older and much more. At the same time I feel a twinge of sadness knowing that at the same time they are getting older and getting a little more independent as time goes on by oh so fast. I want them to grow and go far in life and do what makes them happy, at the same time I want to freeze time sometimes and cherish moments for a bit longer. On the flip side, it is also frustrating as heck sometimes. Someday's you just want to ring someones neck with the stubbornness and attitudes going on. All in all though the good outweighs the bad and everyday is a learning experience. I pray everyday that I am a good parent and am doing it right.
Hope all you moms reading this had a good Mothers Day.













No comments:
Post a Comment