I decided at the end of winter that this year was not going to be a lets bitch about everything that needs done to the house or lets talk about it until we are blue in the face type of year. I love my husband but he talks, talks and talks about all the work we should do or need to do but then puts it off until it absolutely looks like crap or has to be done.
He did surprise me though with how fast he put a shower in our bathroom when my specialist strongly discouraged baths anymore due to the getting up, losing my balance and falling and hitting my head which would be bad. He suggested we do a shower and Vince was on that and done with it in a week. That was awesome!!
Anyway, my thinking was I am going to take a couple of vacation days while the attorney I work for is on vacation and get some stuff done in hopes Vince would see some projects getting marked off of the list and get on board and knock some more off the list. So I took off on a Wednesday, took Isaac to his Grandpas and Wyatt to school, came home and painted until I was blue in the face.
Here are some before and afters......
White Walls
To Grey Walls
More White Walls
To Grey Walls
White door inside
White door outside off of the garage
To this on the outside
This was round one on the inside. I decided with Vince and Stephanie's opinion that it was to much brown so I switched it to.......
this :)
Now if I could just get Vince to put up the trim around the darn thing it would look even better.
When we bought the house there was an all glass door there with some wooden trim around the glass in places. We decided to put a fire door there instead and that was over a year ago. Again love my husband but could we finish a project pleeeaaasee.
Anyone else out there have this problem with their men?
Anyway last paint project for the weekend was this....
White front door
to brown and white front door. I loved how this turned out!!!
I like white but I felt we had to much of it. I need color in my life. When we bought our house the previous owners had put a fresh white coat of paint on the walls. But the edges on the doorways were chipped away and looked like crap in places. I could not take it anymore. So I painted away. I started with the living room and hallway and that took me from 8 am- 2 pm. I worked through lunch. That time was for two coats of paint. The living room door took me an hour and the door to the garage took me about an hour and a half. I do not think that is two bad. Keep in mind though I also had Isaac and another little one with me when I was doing the doors which made it take more time. Each door also has two coats of paint also.
What do you think???????













great job - it looks great!! I love the white and brown contrast!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sarah!!!
DeleteOh my goodness, I can't believe how much you got done in so little time! Great job! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrien! I never want to see paint again. Lol!
Delete