What a nice long weekend. I was ready to go back to work though today. I know I am weird. I just honestly feel off when by routine is all screwed up. Plus I love my kids but work most days is my quiet place, my place to be with other adults and enjoy good company working in the front.
We had a good weekend and made some memories.
Friday started a little sad but happy. Wyatt's last day of Kindergarten. :( I am so excited that he is going to be in first grade but sad as heck at the same time that he is growing up. I know I know he is only going to first grade but all you moms out there know what I am talking about, it can be a tear jerker.
Here is a before and after photo......
First day of Kindergarten
Last Day of Kindergarten. SOB!!!
This mom had to fight back tears when I ask Wyatt if he wanted a photo on his last day of school with his teacher, Mrs. Mudd. Ugh what is wrong with me. As I type this I am fighting back the urge to cry a little.I am so proud of my little big guy. I hope he continues to like school and do good. He got straight A's again on this report card!! Go Wyatt!!!!
Friday night Vince and I did a little moving furniture around in the house. You see, the diningroom we have gets no heat or air in it at all. There is a vent in the room but very little comes out of it so Friday the fish we had in the aquarium in the kitchen was gotten rid of by my mom and then Friday night Vince took the aquarium down and cleaned it all up so we could do this...
We now have the kitchen table in the kitchen and not the diningroom and we love it. Yes it does take up some room but we can now eat comfortably and everything we need is right in the kitchen. Its so nice.
Our diningroom now looks like this. It is a work in progress. We are moving the elliptical and exercise bike in there to make it an exercise room with a plant stand.
Saturday Vince picked up a shower rod and we used a thick curtain and hung that up between the kitchen and diningroom to keep the heat in the diningroom and not in the rest of the house. It works pretty good.
I was not prepared for Wyatt's mood on Saturday morning. Poor kid missed his teacher and was very upset about not getting to have class with her anymore. He cried like no other. He got really attached to Mrs. Mudd. It is Tuesday now and he is better but he still here and there says how he misses Mrs. Mudd. She did send home with all of her kids an envelope with her address on it so they could write her a letter this summer and she would write them one back. Neat idea!! Wyatt will definitely be doing that. He is looking forward to it.
I worked Sunday morning bright and early and the rest of the weekend was spent visiting with Vince's mom and dad and just lounging around knocking some orders out and housework. Monday was the same way with a bonus of a Rocky Marathon on television. I know I know I am weird but I love those movies.

Aw, poor Wyatt! I don't like goodbyes, either. It seems like ALL of the Kindergarten teachers are great at the public school. I can't wait to find out which teacher Evelyn will have. :)
ReplyDeleteGood idea to move your dining room furniture for the summer! I think it looks really good with your cabinets in the kitchen!