Monday, May 19, 2014

Weekend Fun !!!!

Well my weekends start on Wednesdays when I get off of work from my main job so that is where I will begin.  
Wednesday night we went down to my mom and her boyfriend Joe's house for supper. She surprised me with this for Mothers Day..
I loved it. She had to work on Mother's Day, as she does every year since she has had the restaurant. I had worked the night before so we spent some time together then while we worked together. Anyway, we visited for awhile and then off Vince and I went home. Wyatt and Isaac were super excited to get to stay the night. Vince and I went home and were asleep by 9:30. Exciting life we lead I tell ya. We are getting old. 

Friday was Wyatt's school field trip to Grants Farm and Vince's 32 nd birthday.The kids and I gave dad his birthday gifts of whoppers candy, a book and new CD and then off Vince and Wyatt went.  Vince took of work to go with Wyatt on his field trip and I stayed home with Isaac. Since I get to volunteer during the year for Wyatt's school to help during circle times, Vince has done the field trips the past two years. That way we both get to be in on things. I am happy he has a job that he can take off for those things. I just pray it works like this still when Isaac gets to school age so we do not miss out on him with school activities and trips. 

Here are some photos from Grant's Farm












Wyatt had a blast!!!

Friday night Vince's mom and dad kept the kids so Vince and I could go on a date. Vince and I went to a Grizzlies game. It was fun except for the cold. I froze my butt off sitting in those seats. We made it the whole game though without bailing. We had to get up and walk around some but we made it. The Grizzlies won to!!!! 
Here are some photos



Vince and I like going to the Grizzlies games over Cardinals. The tickets are much cheaper and so is everything else. There is a huge play area for the kids and all games have kid activities. All in all it is more of a family environment and you do not have to take out a loan to go to it. Don't get me wrong Vince and I are Cardinal fans but the television at home works just fine for that. 

Saturday morning we woke up to some awesome news!!!!
Wait for it....
Wait for it....
We had become Aunt and Uncle Friday night at 12:35 am. Little miss missed Vince's birthday by a half hour. 
Ruby Lynn Pettijohn
4 Lbs 9 oz. 
She was four weeks early so she has to be in NICU for a few days. Her lungs are not fully developed and she has three other things she has to overcome before she can come  home. Vince and I talked with the proud parents (Neil and Jessi) tonight though and they have decreased her oxygen by alot and she has eaten a full bottle.  Go Ruby!!! Despite her being in NICU Vince and I went with his parents down to see the new parents and Ruby in the hospital after Vince's birthday breakfast at his parents house Saturday morning. Neil took Jim and Pam first to see their new grand baby and then came out and got Vince and I.  She is so tiny.  I cannot wait to hold her when she can be held and moved around and it does not bother her. 
Jessi is doing good. She is mostly sore and worried about her little girl and Neil has taken on the dad role quite well. You can tell they both are so in love with their newest member to their family. The boys could not go in and see her since you have to be 12 and older to go into the NICU but they got to see photos of her that we had taken. Praise God Jessi and Ruby are going to be okay. Neil had taken Jessi in to the ER to get checked out due to Jessi not feeling well most the day and the inactivity of the baby. Good thing they went in because the next thing they know  Jessi is getting taken in for a c-section due to the amniotic fluid being so low.  Like I said though everyone is doing okay.  Jessi is healing and Ruby is improving. 

Other then that we trimmed trees and Wyatt tried to learn to climb them. 

There is monkey Vince in the tree.  I am thankful he trimmed that tree back because I was ready to have a high speed come apart because every time anyone mows grass the damn branches no matter how you maneuver smack you in the face when you are trying to mow around the tree. I had the liberty of the smacking this time and was ticked.  Enraging is what that is and after telling him about it he trimmed them this weekend for me. 
I think Wyatt needs to be a bit taller to get up there. Vince gave him a boost though and he made it to climb in the tree a little. Wyatt was like a kid in a candy store he was so excited. 

After that Wyatt helped his mom make some banana bread since we had banana's that needed used before they went bad. Another thing he loves to do and that is help me bake and cook. 


Isaac even got to help to and lick the tool we used to mix the batter for the bread. Happy boys!!!

Later Sunday Pam and I went to a baby shower for our friends the Fletcher's who are having a boy. Elijah Samuel Fletcher is his name. Such a good name. Wyatt went with us and got to be the gift passer outer. He did not mind and it kept him busy since he was starting to get antsy and bored. Why he wanted to go I have no clue but he had fun he said in the end. His favorite part was all the food. Lol!

Sunday night Vince , the boys and I met Vince's mom and dad at the church for a piano concert. Huntley Brown was the guys name and he was amazing!! That man can play piano like no other. I wish I could play. I wish I would have gotten some video but I was busy sitting in awe at how good he was. Definitely was a good time. 

That was our weekend. Are you exhausted reading it? I am exhausted living it. What a weekend. Memories were definitely made. Please say a prayer for little Ruby and her mom to continue to heal and get better and have no setbacks.  


No comments:

Post a Comment