Vince and I were trying to figure out what to do for Wyatt for his birthday and could not decide what to do. Then one evening I was picking up the dang legos off of the floor and was like what about a lego table. We do not have the room to make a separate lego table to put somewhere and since the train table had gotten turned into a storage table for all of the stuffed animals I suggested we turn one side into a lego table and have one side for the trains. The boys have no interest whatsoever in building train tracks on the train table. They have on the rare occasions that they play with them, drug them all out to the living room to build and run their trains on. Vince thought that was a good idea also. So after doing some pricing Target had the 15 X 15 lego sheets on sale for $10.00 and we needed 6 of them so I jumped on it since they are originally $14.99.
Vince downstairs cutting off the excess of board we did not need and then we took Gorilla Glue and glued the pieces down. Make sure to use enough Gorilla Glue (do not be shy, it took us a good amount) and get it all over and then get weight to hold them down overnight. We just used some old school textbooks we had to weigh them down. We did not use enough glue at first and went to check on the lego plates and they pulled right up. :( So we had to glue again.
All Done!!!
Wyatt loved it!!! Isaac and him have been playing on it at night. Wyatt wants to build a lego city every since he seen the lego movie in theaters.
Wyatt's birthday is not until May 30th but I was that sick of picking up little lego pieces all over the floor so we gave it to him early.






That's such a great idea! I'm going to have to remember that!
ReplyDeleteMy brother John would love that! He is totally into Legos right now, too. Another great project - you guys have been busy, haha.
ReplyDeleteYes we have. I would definitely recommend one of these. The boys have had so much fun with it and surprisingly the legos are staying on the table and not all over the floor.
Delete