Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Evansville Days

Vince and I decided to take Wyatt to Evansville Days this year since my mom and Joe had bought him some tickets to ride the rides. Last year I just took him and he had a blast.  I was thinking Evansville Days would be like it was last year for rides and games for kids. I also had my heart set on one of those lovely funnel cakes or some cotton candy. When we arrived down there we found a parking spot and walked to my mom and Joe's. I was not sure how to get to their house due to all the road blocks and they live right on Liberty Street. Anyway when we got there my mom said we might be disappointed and at first I thought maybe she was just blowing smoke up my dress but I soon found out she was right. Mom stayed with the baby and the rest of us walked down to let Wyatt ride some rides. When we got down there there was only three rides for Wyatt's age and about three rides for the next age group up from his. I was shocked to see no concession stands and only one game for the kids to play. I hope next year we can have the old Evansville Days back. Anyway here are some photos of Wyatt and the rides.


Wyatt on the gigantic whale. He really liked this. You climb up the stairs on one side and slide down the slide on the other side. It does not surprise me that he would love this since he loves Monkey Joe's.
This is the game we had to play over and over and he won every time. Okay it was only three times but at 5.00 a pop thats a lot. Luckily Papa Joe paid for some.
He won two of these playing the balloon game and a spider man picture I still need to hang up in his room.
He also loved riding this ride over and over and he mostly rode the motorcycles. He really wants a motorcycle when he gets older and according to him it will have three engines and be really loud. Lol! Whatever makes him happy. Vince and I keep telling him he needs to try to ride his bike with training wheels first and learn all those things in between.  We would like to get him a dirt bike someday.

Wyatt and the balls he won. He will kill be someday for this picture cause he looks like he has boobs. Lol, I had to!Sorry if this was not funny, it was to me.
Vince and Wyatt in front of Uncle Kevin' s feed store in Evansville. 
After Wyatt was done with the rides he went to my mom and Joe's for awhile and Vince and I ventured out for a little bit to enjoy a drink and some music. We looked around for some people we knew but no luck. I do have to give a shout out to the lady making the drinks Saturday night at the KC Hall. Almost all Captain Morgan and no Coke, loved it and needed it! Vince and I also got to see some fifty year olds dancing exotically in the street. All I can say is WOW.   So all in all it was not to bad we were all home by midnight and in bed. 

1 comment:

  1. I heard the "carny's" skipped town & the had to find new rides short notice. I'm glad I didn't waste my time taking Luke lol.

    ReplyDelete