August 18th, 2011 Isaac James Pettijohn was born and September 18th, 2011 Isaac was one month old. Gosh I could bawl at how fast time flies. Before I know it he will be one year old. Here are some photos that I took of him being one month old.
Look how big he looks. We had a doctors appointment two days after he turned a month old and he is 12lbs 9 oz and 23 inches long. He started at 9lbs 3 oz and 22inches long. My son likes to eat can you tell. Lol. He is in the 90 percentile. He is healthy and that makes me happy. At his appointment his jaundice is gone and everything else is good. I took pictures of Wyatt each month up until a year in a chair also to see how he grew so I am doing that with Isaac also. Here are some more photos.
I made this tie blanket for Isaac before he was born and had to take some photos with him on it. These are not professional but to be they are good enough and a whole lot cheaper.
First time playing with this toy, whatever you want to call it. He did hit at it a little and it kept his attention for awhile.
So big! Getting his diaper changed. He never fusses when it is dirty but the minute you go to change it all hell breaks lose. I love this photo because he has his eyes open. His eyes are blue for now and I hope they stay that way. Wyatt's started out as blue though and ended up changing to hazel like his dads. Oh well we shall see.
Wyatt playing with Isaac and showing him what to do with this toy. Wyatt never liked having his picture taken until Isaac came along and now he loves it especially taking photos with his brother. Weird but I am loving it. No more tantrums when I get the camera out, only smiles. Whoo Hoo!
I wish I could have gotten a picture of how long his toes and fingers are. Vince and I call him monkey toes because his toes are so long. His fingers are long to and everyone says he is going to be a basketball player or a pianist. I do not care as long as he is happy.
Another chair photo. I promise for the two months photos I will use something else.
Look at that face. Anyway as I said before adjusting has been easy. Isaac wakes up twice at night to eat and then he goes right back down. He is still in the bassinet unless he is not digging that then me and him bunk on the couch together. I refuse to put him in bed with Vince and I due to I am scared he will get rolled on. Vince sleeps really sound and that scares me. I wake up at the drop of a pin now and us sleeping on the couch I am not worried about. Isaac is and has been trying to hold his head up since he was born and has gotten a lot better at it. He looks at you now really well when you talk and even smiles a little. He turns his head in the direction someone is talking. Isaac loves to hold on to your finger and his favorite position is on his belly all bunched up like a frog on anyone's stomach. He hates being to far from anyone and has to have a light on at night or some noise. He never fusses unless he is hungry or you change his diaper.
Due to me being put on medicine for health issues I no longer breast feed or pump. I can honestly say I do not miss it and now I have more time for my family. That sounds bad I know. I did not have milk stored up from when I did pump so we are using that and formula. He is eating 5 oz every three to four hours. I think that about covers it.

He just fits right in, doesn't he? :) Gracie has super long toes, too...and we have no idea where she gets them from! Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 Month Issac!!!
ReplyDeleteIt does go by fast, doesn't it?! I meant to ask you before...do you think he looks like Wyatt?!
I will be updating every month till he is a year. I also have no idea where Isaac gets his toes from, its just so cute.
ReplyDeleteSarah- When I look at pictures of Wyatt when he was a baby Isaac does look a lot like him at that moment. It is so weird.