My last photo of being pregnant before I had Isaac. I was 38-39 weeks pregnant and I can honestly say with going through summer on this pregnancy and with Isaac's size I do not miss it. I pray if we decide to have one more it happens to were I can be pregnant in the winter again and just hit the beginning of summer towards the end. But even though summer pregnancy's suck, it could have been worse and I got a very precious gift out of it all. So on with Isaac's birth story.
Thursday morning, August 18th, 2011 Vince and I woke up at 3:30 in the morning and got ready and loaded to go the hospital for me to be induced. You see we had known since that Monday that I was going to be induced. I chose not to say anything in case I went sooner and also for it to be only family at first and a few close friends. Vince and I and the doctor decided on the induction on Thursday, the exact day I turned 39 weeks pregnant, because he could tell Isaac was going to be a big baby and we were afraid if we tried to go to 40 weeks I would have to have a c-section. I wanted to go natural so we went with it early knowing even at that point I might have to end in c-section, luckily that was not the case. Anyway we got the hospital at 5:30 like we were supposed to and got all settled in. After watching some television and getting all hooked up I got the pitocin at 7 am. We waited around until about 9 am to see where that got me. At 9 am I was at a 4 so the doctor came in and broke my water. The nurse came in and checked me at 10:30 am and I was at a 6. Between 10:30 am and 10:45 am I went from a 6 to a 10. Crazy I know!!! The beauty of all of this is I did not feel a thing. Love, love, love drugs! I had decided to get an epidural before they broke my water since I had been up until 11 pm the night before and I wanted to get some rest before I had to start pushing. The only thing I ever felt was pressure when I knew it was time to push. My legs were complete mush, ah it was great! Anyway the doctor was called and arrived at 11am, before that the nurses had me do some pushing and then decided to have me stop since apparently his head was right there. So at 11am the pushing started again and at 11:30 am I had Isaac. I remember pushing and pushing and pushing and getting ready to give up when boom he came out just in time. Here are some photos.
It was just Vince and I in the delivery room for this one so the nurse was nice and took some photos for us.
Here he is just born. He had some bruising due to coming down the shoot so fast. He meant business, lol.
Here he is just born. He had some bruising due to coming down the shoot so fast. He meant business, lol.
All cleaned up and hanging out with mom.
The proud dad and Isaac.
Head washing time.
Isaac James Pettijohn born at 11:30 am, weighed 9lbs. 3oz and was 22 in long. A perfect baby boy with all his fingers and toes. Vince got to cut the cord but we don't need to see photos of that. Other then that the nurses took all of Isaac's measurements and checked him over and that was it. We found out he was jaundice but nothing to major. Stay tuned for more.

Wowy wow - over 9 pounds. I can't even imagine if you had waited until 40 weeks! I'm also a big fan of the drugs, haha. I don't know a single child who is loopy because their mama got an epidural when they were born. :D Glad you were able to have such a good experience!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDeletecongrats! he is adorable!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies for all the comments and congrats! He is a very good baby and Vince and I are enjoying every minute of our little family.
ReplyDelete