Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Life With Two Kids

Wow how it feels weird to say that out loud. I can honestly say it has not been bad at all and I love it.  I can definitely tell I am more laid back this time around.  I just go with the flow on things.As far as adjusting, we have done great. I do not know how to explain it but it is like Isaac has always been here and when we brought him home we just adjusted like the snap of two fingers. It helps though that Isaac is not high maintenance at all. Isaac only cries when he is hungry really and sometimes when he needs a diaper change. We wake up about twice at night and then eat and go right back down. So that has definitely made adjusting easier. It still feels weird to me though when I say "the kids" or "my children".  I am weird I know.
As far as Wyatt he is doing an awesome job with being a big brother. After being home for a few days he cannot keep his hands off of Isaac and follows us around anytime I do anything with Isaac. Isaac hates his diaper changed and Wyatt comes with me to do it and sits and tells Isaac that it is okay and big brother is here. It is so cute. We have had no acting out from Wyatt yet and we still make sure to give Wyatt his time to.
Like when Isaac takes a nap and we are home, we go outside and take the monitor with us to get a little time with just Wyatt. We also try to let him come when just one of us have to go to the store or to get gas and the other day I had an amazing walk just me and him. I love Isaac but we still need that time with Wyatt also and I think by us doing that it has made things easier for him to adjust and not be jealous. Wyatt wants Isaac to chase him around and play toys with him so bad. He does not get that with time that will happen.
The other day in the car Wyatt was telling his little brother where we were going and not to be worried cause he was there and a new place would not be scary. To cute! We were going to church that day. After watching Wyatt and seeing how nice it is to have a three year old who can help and seeing him interact with Isaac I definitely have decided that three years apart in age is a good thing. Not to mention we do not have double diapers and all that. I am not dumb though I know along the way that there will be some disadvantages to not having them closer but for now it is great!

I love these two pictures! 
Wyatt thinks his brother is the greatest thing since peanut butter and jelly.
Wyatt has got to feed him a couple of times but it does not last long cause he gets bored with it easily. We also have to watch Wyatt with touching Isaac so he does not get to rough with him. Wyatt does not get that his brother is not as tough as him yet.
I love taking pictures like this one also. I love sleeping baby photos.
Isaac chilling with his dad. I am surprised in this one Vince is not out like a light also. Usually when he holds Isaac in no time he is fast asleep. 
Anyway that's my take on two kids so far and how it is going. It helps though that I have a supper supportive husband who helps out around the house also even though he is working full-time and I am on maternity leave. I am still doing some work from home and going in for a couple hours twice a week by my choice to help out since they are short handed. What can I say, I love my job. Anyway when Vince sees a lot of laundry or dishes piling up that cannot be ran with the dish machine he does them. Its nice having a spouse that does not expect me to do it all.  If I had to do it all when I go back to full-time it would not be happening that's for sure. Alright I have rambled enough for a night. I am ending here, stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment