Before we had Isaac we decided to sign Wyatt up for a sport or some sort of activity to get him outside and doing something with kids. We also thought with the new baby coming that it would give him his own little thing to do and something that gave the focus on just him and Vince could maybe be a part of. So one day when I was checking my email there was an email from the YMCA in Red Bud about soccer sign up. So I talked to Vince and we agreed it might be a good thing, so I called and checked on the ages and other details. We decided to sign him up and see how it went and luckily they needed some help with the coaching so Vince decided to help with that. Here are some photos I took of Wyatt's first practice.
I will give you a hint if you are trying to find Wyatt. Always look for the red baseball cap and that's him. The cap is his security blanket and never leaves his head.
Still trying to get the no hands concept.
Below is some pictures of his first game.
He was crabby this morning and here is Vince trying to get him to play.
Wyatt was not to keen on playing soccer in the beginning but he has came around with a little push to try and give it a chance. He is so shy and just was not digging getting out there and kicking the ball with other kids trying to get it also.
Soccer is still going and after some coaching and getting used to things Wyatt is now trying and playing. He loves soccer now and has made some friends which makes me happy. The soccer team had there pictures taken last week and I got to see just how goofy my son really is. I am worried he is going to be the class clown in school. We did get him to take his cap off for the team picture but he decided to try and make faces at the camera instead. He had everyone laughing. The photographer did get a good one of the team though and Wyatt was not making a face on that one. On the single photo shoot however Wyatt took a good picture just with his cap on. Oh well in parenthood you pick your battles and that is one I was not gonna deal with a breakdown on.

What a great idea, mama! I can't wait to get Evie in some activities next year. If Wyatt is shy I think soccer is the perfect way to encourage him to try new things. He's so cute with his red hat. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Adrien! It has definitely made him come along way with being shy.I hope the YMCA does his age group next year to.
ReplyDeleteI am both looking forward to and dreading Lucy getting old enough for stuff like this! The memories will be wonderful but fitting more stuff into busy schedules scares me! And just think, she's not even in school yet and I'm scared of how busy our family will be!
ReplyDeleteI agree with you on being scared but once I got in there and started doing it our schedules just adjusted and it became a routine. It is so fun watching what they can do.
ReplyDelete