Vince's parents, Neil and Jessie and Vince and I and the kids decided to all go on a camping trip together and it was fun. This was our first camping trip of the year and we wanted to try and go on another one before Pam started back to school, but time got away from us and it did not happen. So this was our only one for this year so far. This would also be Isaac's first camping trip ever!!!!! He did really good and seemed to enjoy himself. He was a bit more fussy since it was unfamiliar territory but with everyone there we managed to keep him distracted and held. Once we got home he was as happy as a clam. Isaac is my baby that does not like change much and if there is change it takes a good while to adjust. Isaac thrives on routine and familiar things. Wyatt on the other hand is my go with flow child and changes with things pretty easy.
Anyway, here are some photos from our trip.
Isaac on the pontoon boat. Doesn't he look cute in that little life vest?
Pam and Jim rented a Pontoon boat for us all to go on and enjoy for a few hours. I have never been on one and they are nice.
Wyatt is seeming to enjoy it. He was all over that boat and even did some fishing with Vince and Neil. He never caught anything but he tried. It was also kind of windy so the darn fishing line kept blowing all over the place. Fishing did not last long so we all decided to just drive it around and visit with one another.
Wyatt got to help PaPa steer the boat and he LOVED it! Wyatt loves anything that has to do with PaPa. He is truly a PaPa's boy. He has learned so much from him it is not even funny. My four year old is 4 going on 30 I think some days the way he comes home and talks about some things.
Wyatt and Vince trying their hand at fishing. Like I said before the wind was terrible so they did not get to fish for long. Plus Wyatt could not be away from PaPa long.
He stood there for a good five minutes maybe. Neil fished with him for a little bit but Wyatt has a short attention span so it did not last long. Plus it gets kind of boring just standing there watching the bobber hoping it goes down to catch a fish.
Our dog Lucy got to go with us to. She seemed to really enjoy herself. Anytime she gets to go outside of the house makes her day and not to mention a whole weekend, hello she was in heaven. We stayed on the boat for a bout 4 hours, got stuck a couple of times and then headed back to the campground.
Back at the campground we all just hung out, made smores, eat, drank and went on walks. All things you normally do when camping. Me and Vince's air mattress officially bit the dust so we ran and got me a sleeping bag. I have to say I am definitely a fan of the sleeping bag and camping. I thought it was going to suck sleeping, but it did not and I think I like it better then a sleeping bag.
Vince and I tried to get Wyatt to sleep with us and Isaac in the tent but he refused. He slept with PaPa in their camper. Stinker. Vince and I want to take the boys again this year and go camping with just them so Wyatt can see if he likes how his dad and I like to tent camp. Hopefully time does not get away from us and we get to. So many projects that need done around the house and life in general is just nuts some weeks. Isaac seemed to enjoy himself as long as he was attached to someone. I think he will have more fun next year when he can walk really well and run around. Things are kind of scary when you have to rely on others to do things for you so much.
Anyway, all in all it was an awesome weekend !!!









No comments:
Post a Comment