Well we did swim lessons for Wyatt this year again. I think after this year at swim lessons he is good. He really picked up on it this year and seems to get it. Vince and I are going to work with him some more but as far as next year I think we should not need to do it again. It helped that this year he was not afraid of the water like last year.
Here are some photos.
Kicking. Wyatt is in the middle.
Using a float to go out and kick. Wyatt really likes using floats when in the pool but if you work with him we usually can get him to go without one. He seems to have the same fear as me and that is he gets scared where he cannot touch and he freaks out instead of thinking calmly to tread water. Sorry Wyatt you got that from me. I am hoping since Wyatt is young we can get him past it. I never had swim lessons growing up. I just taught myself by watching others and trying it myself. If I had to I could get by if I had to, but I am not a excellent swimmer by any means. Vince's parents had him do swim lessons when he was growing up so Vince knows how to swim which is good. I wish we had more time to work with the Wyatt but life gets so crazy and away from us all the time it seems.
On with the photos.
More kicking.
Deep end time.
In the deep end without a float. Whoo Hoo. He finally went without a float in the deep end about three days into swim lessons and did great!!! He still likes to hold on to the side. Baby steps. Wyatt does go under as long as he holding onto something and then he pops back up. Head bobs is what they called them and he loved doing those.
More swimming and kicking.
Hi there Isaac. Isaac is my child that is not afraid of water at all. He sees water and he goes for it. We have to really watch him. He got to accompany me to Wyatt's swim lessons on Thursday and Fridays, my days off. Pam and Jim took Wyatt the other days. Vince even took off one day to come and see Wyatt swim. Wyatt LOVED when his dad took off. I am happy Vince could do it.
Last photo of swim lessons.
I wish the YMCA could have got him to do more without the floats but with four other kids they have to work with and one teacher I understand they are short on time. What they did do though with the kids was great. Wyatt definitely got further then last year. I think if next year we take him out and see how his swimming is doing and think he needs more I might check the prices for a private swim instructor. We will see. To sum up this year though I think Wyatt came a long way from last year and learned alot.
I wish the YMCA could have got him to do more without the floats but with four other kids they have to work with and one teacher I understand they are short on time. What they did do though with the kids was great. Wyatt definitely got further then last year. I think if next year we take him out and see how his swimming is doing and think he needs more I might check the prices for a private swim instructor. We will see. To sum up this year though I think Wyatt came a long way from last year and learned alot.

No comments:
Post a Comment