Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Renewel of Vows


Vince and I had a big wedding with family and friends after we were married at the courthouse.  Vince did it more for me because he knew how much I wanted to wear a wedding dress and celebrate with family and friends.  Thanks babe if you ever read this!  
Since Vince and I lived together this is the only way we could get married in a church.  That is why we got married at the courthouse and then renewed our vows in August with Paul Mathenia doing the service. I was so happy he worked with us.  
Here are some photos of that day.  I do not have a CD to upload them from so I did it this way.  Sorry for the redneckness. 
Here is a photo of my mom helping me with my dress and a good friend of mine, Mandi Phillips helping me also.   I loved my dress and have thought about selling it since I will never where it again but just cannot bring myself to part with it.   Before August 5th like every girl I think does, I was stressing about not fitting in my wedding dress since I had bought it a few months before.  Well lets just say the dress fit alright just a little baggy.  I lost to much weight, but at least I could still wear it.  My mom and Mandi just had to pin it here and there so it would not fall down. 
My veil was made by my mother-in-law Pam.  She did a really good job.  They wanted like 100.00-200.00 for the matching veil at Davids Bridal in Fair view Heights. I could not bring myself to pay that.  To me that is insane.  My wedding dress was only 400.00 and I got everything else at cheaper places.  
Here Vince and I are afterward by Chad Mergelkamp's car that he was redoing.  Chads brother, Trevor was Vince's best man in the wedding and Chad was an usher with Phil. Vince had ask Neil to be his best man but Neil was in the service and they would not let him come home for our wedding so Vince did his best friend for many years now, Trevor.  Anyway Chad drove us around bar to bar before our reception and we loved it.  We even got to ride in this car after the reception to go home. Good Times!!!  I need to have this photo blown up and frame it.  Vince and I both love old cars, so this was neat to have a part of our wedding. 

Here we are coming out of the church.

Our wedding crew. From the left, Angela Sauer (Bridesmaid), Tara Melching (Maid-of-Honor and my best friend since high school), Me and Vince, Trevor Mergelkamp (Best Man), Jared Songer (Groomsman), and Phil Shield and Chad Mergelkamp(Ushers).  Tiffany Holmes did our photos, Cassie Gregson and Mandi Phillips did the cake cutting at the reception. 

It was a great day and we did not have any drama.  The woman that I called mom gave me away.  I have a ton of photos from that day but these are the ones I decided to use. Five years later Vince and I are still going strong and I hope with Gods help we will have many more.  Maybe when we make it to 50 years of marriage we can go to Hawaii or something.  How awesome would that be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment