Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What We Have Been Up To

First off, hello there to all again.  
I am not sure how long I will stay with this but I am hoping to stay with it for awhile. 
 I have kept up on the things happening in our lives if you want to take a look around. I also have a post about just me and who I am. 
Just click on the right hand side for August of this year and you will see all the up to date posts from our lives.
 I will be working on the look of the blog this week. 
I will not be posting everyday but will pop in here and there.

Anyway, on with a late weekend wrap up. My weekends start on Thursday since I only work three days (do not hate). So this is from Thursday on. 

We went this weekend to Castle Park in Carbondale, Illinois. The last time we were there Wyatt was a little over a year old. So it has been three years roughly. 
This is not the greatest picture but you can kind of see it. The castle is HUGE! 
The story behind it is that this families son died in a car accident not far from where this was built when he was 19.  Their son was big into Dungans and Dragons so they decided to built a Castle in his honor.  
I have no idea what Dungans and Dragons is but this place is really cool.  It is no charge to get in and is open everyday of the week.  You can leave a donation if you like that they use towards the up keep of the park.  
Here Wyatt is in the opening of it. 
There is alot more on the sides but I could not get it all in the photo up close. 
Here is Isaac climbing his little heart out. 
He LOVED it there. 
Both boys did. 
Picture of the boys on the dragons with dad. 
I love this photo!
Art on the inside of the resting area inside. 
Still climbing.
Go Isaac!
Wyatt on the dragon statute they have outside of the castle in the park area. 
Wyatt and I
Isaac and I
Little terd would not look at the camera and smile. 
The boys together. Isaac is a mover and do not try and stop him because he will unleash the beast.  I was lucky to get this picture before he got pissy.  Little terd!!!!!  
All in all we were there for two hours and had some wore out boys.   They played the whole time and ran, climbed and jumped.  
There is more statutes and sitting areas in this park but I did not get any pictures of that. We all mostly stayed in the castle.   
We ended up going to Uncle Neils after the castle where everyone played more and when we left Carbondale around 7:30 P.M. we were all tired.  The boys were asleep in the car within 10 minutes.  All in all a good day.  
If you have kids I would definitely recommend taking them there if you live in my area.  I t is about 1 hour and 45 minutes from the little town of Red Bud. As much fun as my boys had it was so worth the drive and we got to visit with family which was an added plus. 

Other then that this past weekend we just played in side, walked and got stuff done around the house.
Isaac discovered the little toy chest the boys have and has decided he likes to sit in it and play.  Goofball!!!!
I also made some homemade laundry soap.  I have done this twice now and LOVE this stuff. So easy to make and so much cheaper!!!!!! Plus it gets my clothes as clean as tide would. Added bonus.  If anyone wants me to post how to do it let me know.  It takes 15 minutes to make and saves a TON of $$$$$.

2 comments:

  1. I think Evelyn would LOVE that place. She talks about dragons all of the time! I wish we had more excuses to go that way....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family random fun day????? Both your girls would definitely be wore out. Vince and I actually had an adult conversation on the way home for once with no interruptions.

      Delete