
I know when I had Wyatt I used Dreft for all his clothes and changed to what we used when he got to be six months.
My question is: Is that really necessary? Could I just use Tide to begin with and if not what else did you moms out there use when your child was a baby. As most of you with kids know it gets to be expensive to buy two different laundry detergents when you go shopping. The reason we use Tide is because I have tried other cheaper laundry detergents and they make my skin break out in hives. So I cannot adjust there. If you are unsure how to leave a comment on here just comment on my facebook page under the link. You can also leave a comment on here by typing the comment clicking the down arrow next to how to identify you and clicking the Name/URL option. Just type in your name and it leaves it for me to see once you click leave comment. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.


I think I used a special baby detergent once for Evelyn. After that it got to be a pain in the rear, haha.
ReplyDeleteI have always washed the girls' clothes along with ours and our regular detergent, and I never had a problem. So yes, it is possible to avoid the baby detergent. But every baby is different, so you'll definitely have to experiment and make sure your little one doesn't break out! :)
With both boys I have always just washed their clothes with my detergent, but like Adrien said you will have to experiment alittle snd watch the little one close.
ReplyDeleteI have always used regular detergent on Keegan's clothes too, we use Tide also, I just never understood what the real purpose of the special baby detergent is!!
ReplyDeleteI got one container of All Baby detergent (I break out so I have to use stuff that is sensitive anyway) after using the one container of baby detergent I figured she's touching our clothes and everything and hasn't broken out so we're safe to use what we use! I wasn't sure how her skin would react since I've had problems with detergents and have to be picky about what we use already we are safe! I'd say try it and if yours breaks out then you know!
ReplyDeleteps. the purpose is since babies have sensitive skin baby detergents chemical make-up is not as harsh as the others, it's made to be sensitive on skin!
Thanks for all the feedback again. I think what I am going to do is wash all the stored clothes in baby detergent and then after junior is born wash a couple of onesies in with ours and see how the baby reacts and keep my fingers crossed. I am happy I am not the only mom out there that just likes to use one deteregent and save some money if possible.
ReplyDeleteI have super sensitive skin so I was nervous Ethan would be sensitive too. I washed all of his store bought/given clothes in baby detergent before he was born. I kept up with the baby detergent until the bottle was about gone. About that time I threw in some of his clothes with mine to see how he would react to it. His skin was fine, so I never bought another bottle of Dreft.
ReplyDeleteI never used Dreft. But then again, I have never been a super mom either. haha
ReplyDeleteThey make Tide Free & Gentle. It's dye & perfume free. For sensitive skin, but I would say babies too. I tried it once when I had a coupon. I only got it the one time because there was no scent whatsoever. And I looove my clothes coming out of the dryer smellin good not like absolutely nothing. It was weird!