I know it has been awhile since I last posted. Truth is I just have not felt much like writing. We have been working on the potty training thing and here is an update of where we are at.
This potty is offically retiring!!!!! Whoo Hoo! I would recommend this potty to anyone who is potty training, it worked great for us with Wyatt. The reason it is retiring is because our big guy is now using a seat that fits on the toilet just for his little butt. It is nice to not have to empty the little potty anymore and just flush the big one when he goes in it. One day he woke up and decided no more little potty. He looks at me and says I want to be like dad and use that pot, so I said okay lets do it. He is doing much better with potty training. He has been going even at daycare and telling his teacher when he has to go and that is a big improvement let me tell you. Vince and I just backed off and let him figure it out on his own. The less we pushed the more he wanted to do it. We did still say, now Wyatt if you need to go potty let us know. Just as a way of reminding him. Like I said before since he has been born this is the most we have had to have patience on with him. It takes time and lots of accidents but it gets better. Wyatt likes to do things on his own so when we backed off, it helped out a ton. Wyatt also went through a phase though where he peed his pants when he was mad or not getting his way and then he got time out. He quit doing that real fast. I would say when you know they are doing it on purpose address the issue. We are over that now and buy pullups once every two months. He still wears a pull up at night because he sleeps so sound he wets himself, but other then that its underwear all the way. We even do underwear when we go places but we always make him or at least have him try and go before we leave the house. Anyway now we are on to getting him to go in public places. This is where you see just how much I can be a germ a phob.
Here is his new seat for the toilet at our house. We cut the plastic piece off because it gets in the way and did not work for us. Wyatt holds his stuff down so we are good there and that makes the plastic piece usless for us. He picked this out at the store and loved it!
Here is the old seat we used at the house before and we now use to take in our public restroom bag for Wyatt. I know I know I am insane. Seriously though have you seen some public bathrooms toilets. Nasty!!!!! People have no sense of cleanliness I think. So Vince and I came up with the best possible solution a converter seat we only use for public bathroom and then use clorox wipes on it afterwards and that stays in the bag for the next use. See below.
Here is our public restroom bag. For the bag we put the toilet, clorox wipes, plastic bags for wet clothes and wipes. Works for us and I have tried Wyatt on a public toilet without a converter seat and he would not sit on any of them after he seen two nasty ones. That happened at Walmart. So we shall see how this strategy goes. Wish us luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment