Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Good News for Wyatt

Well it looks like we have no tubes going in those little ears for now which makes mommy and daddy really happy. The family doctor we are in the process of leaving, kept pushing tubes in his ears but we decided to take him to a specialist and see what they said. Luckily he agreed with us and it looks like the problem is that the muscus draining down is just to thick to go through those little ears and needs a little thining out. So everynight now we give him Zytec (the generic) and the doc said that should do it. I sure hope he is right. I did a little research on tubes in the ears and did not like what I read especially the possible hearing loss. We also know some people who have had them put in and had hearing loss due to the tubes being put in. If he needs them eventually we will do it,  but for now we are staying away from that option. Now we just have to get through Thursday when he gets his stitches taken out hopefully. We have to see if everything looks okay first. Keep your fingers crossed for my little dude. He is to much of a boy to have to keep contained so he does not bust his stitches open. I just pray it does not hurt. It might kill him and mommy if it does and I have no more nails to bite off. Lol! I will keep everyone posted.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) Your little boy is adorable; I hope the medicine works out. My niece is going through a similar situation. We're hoping she doesn't have to have tubes either. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my blog and I hope you enjoy. Thanks also for the compliment on Wyatt. He is quite the character thats for sure. I hope your niece does not have to have tubes also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was about 23 years ago but when I was 2 years old I had tubes put in my ears. I got ear infections just about every month before them. Now as a mom, I can't imagine what my mom went through! But I never had any hearing loss or problems after my surgery. What I do remember, however, is that I HATED water in my ears for a really long time because it hurt. I had and still have really bad seasonal allergies so I don't know if that is something that contributed but I hope that your little Wyatt doesn't have to get tubes but if it does end up that way, I am a first hand source saying "it wasn't too bad for me" :-) Prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete