Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Public Meltdown

You see this face above? I am going to frame this puppy and take it with me wherever I go I think from now on. This way when we have a meltdown I can look at it and think, oh you can be by cute little boy at times.
This is mild compared to what Vince and I have been experiencing lately. I know every parent goes through it. How they survive I am still learning. It took two of us to calm him down yesterday at mama and papa's after his nap. Lets just say wow I did not know a kid could scream that long, stomp feet and get that red in the face. Well this weekend was the first public meltdown we have experienced. Lets just say, YIKES!!! We were in Rural King and had met up with my mom and Joe. Wyatt had been dancing the pee dance for a little bit but kept saying he did not have to go to the bathroom. So I decided even though he was having fun with grandma to take him to the bathroom and make him try and pee anyway. Cause I know him and he will wait until the last minute and say he has to go and I cannot lift him to run to the bathroom right now. Mistake! I take his hand and grandma even heads that direction with me and he starts resisting, yelling stop, stop, somebody help me. Luckily my mom was with me and made sure to say he was my kid. So after about five minutes of this we got in the bathroom and he went pee. I do not get embarrassed easily and luckily no one looked at us except one lady to make sure he was mine and that was it. I figure people understand but it is still embarrassing that my kid acts like that in public. So lets just say someone did not get to play at Burger King when we stopped. His terrible twos definitely came late and I am stressing on how the three's are going to be starting at the end of next month.
So for now I will try and keep this face in mind and pray for its return one day. Any suggestions on how to deal with terrible twos/threes would be great. He is our first so Vince and I are still learning alot of stuff here.

No comments:

Post a Comment