Monday, April 18, 2011

Lasagna Rolls

You cannot really see the rolls in this picture but this is what it looks like before I cooked it and afterwards it was delicious!!!!  Here is how to do it:

Lasagna:

I used 12 pieces of lasagna from the package.
* Bring a big pot of water to a boil and then add the uncooked lasagna to the water with some salt.
*Let that boil for about 15 to 20 minutes.
*Drain the pasta and set aside while you make the filling.

Filling:

* 1lb. of ground beef (optional)
* 24 oz container of cottage cheese
* 2 cups mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
* Salt and Pepper to your desire
* 1 egg

Topping:

* 1 big jar of spagetti sauce (I used regular, but others might taste just as good)
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Cook your ground beef in a separate skillet until done and then mix in with all the other filling ingredients listed above.  Mix together in a bowl really good and then set aside.

Next, take a lasagna noodle and lay it out on your cutting board. (I used a wood cutting board which made it easier for the pasta not to stick to it. I also laid three lasagna noodes on the cutting board at once to work with.) Take a spoon and put some filling across the lasagna noodle and then roll the lasagna noodle into a ball. Lay the lasagna noodle inside a greased baking pan and then cotinue until all of your noodles are filled.

I had filling left over and spread it over all the lasagna rolls.

Once you get that all done take 1 jar of spagetti sauce (Iused just one big jar from Aldi's of regular spagetti sauce)  and pour over the top of the noodles.

After that take about 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top or more if you would like.

Bake at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes. If you are worried about the cheese being to melted on the top, then take the lasagna rolls out half way through and add the cheese to cook the rest of the time.






2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'll have to try this sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you do and like them. I love them once I tried them and I thought it was easier and took less ingredients to make then layered lasagna.

    ReplyDelete