Friday, November 4, 2011

Brotherly Love and Bike Riding

Sorry about the underwear shot. On Saturday mornings that is how he rolls. He wanted Isaac to sit by him so we put little man right beside him in the chair. We got to video tape Wyatt talking to Isaac and telling him a story. It was the cutest thing ever! He loves his little brother and when Isaac wants someone now, he leans their way. I guess someone wanted his big brother on this day.
I had to get the camera out for this shot. Of course once I got the camera out Wyatt wanted to be funny man.
Here is another shot of them together. So cute! This is when Wyatt was telling his story to Isaac and he cracked himself up. Weirdo. 
Anyway we now have an official bike rider. It is crazy, we took his tricycle away in January of this year because he got this bike for Christmas last year. He literally avoided this bike like the plague up until a couple of weeks ago. He seen his bike and just got on it and started riding it. Now I know it has training wheels but I am still super proud of him. You still have to keep balance on the thing and know how to pedal and turn with it and he is doing all those things. Go Wyatt!!! I cannot believe he just got on it and did it. The most he has ever did with it was look at it. He got it on it once and then freaked out and got off. I do not know what got into him a couple of weeks ago. I guess he just wanted to do it in his own time.
Here he is riding it into the grass. He is still figuring out that it is harder to pedal in the yard then on concrete. After about three times of trying to ride it in the grass he figured out the the yard was no place to be for bike riding.
Here he is in our garage turning his bike and riding it. Have I said how proud of him I am? I guess we will wait a year and then try without training wheels. Or is that to soon? I am not sure of the age for no training wheels since Wyatt is our first. Can I get some input on this from my fellow bloggers out there please.

6 comments:

  1. Whenever he feels comfortable is the right age. My son had just turned 3 and wanted his training wheels off because his sister's were off. He did great but that is really young. I think I was 5 or 6 when I got mine off. When he starts riding really fast and confident with the training wheels then you can take them off and see how he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely family you have Christine!! And, as far as those underwear shots? Isaac will probably roll like that (on the mornings he's got nowhere to be) for the rest of his life. It's part of the male DNA. :)

    New to follow. Please stop by and say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog! My daughter is 5 and only just learning to ride without training wheels and she doesn't quite have the hang of it yet. Mind you she has my co-ordination! Thanks so much for joining in on our Tag-Along Thursday blog hop. Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hysterical that he chills out in his underwear in the morning. I have no advice on biking, we have yet to cross that bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the advice guys and the new follows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone else - just see how he does - go with the flow :) I don't think there's a specific age to really "take them off". :) He'll get there eventually!

    ReplyDelete