Vegetable Soup
I found this recipe here while searching for recipes on Pinterest. I am going to type what I ended up doing and then you can decide which one you want to go with. So below is my version of how to do it. This makes a big pot of soup. So you will have leftovers for a few days. I gave some to Vince's parents to get rid of some.
Ingredients:
1 package stew meat (I used two but one would have done it)
Cooking Spray
2 teaspoons Mrs Dash (I just seasoned to my taste)
1 (16 ounce) package of frozen corn
1 (16 ounce) package of frozen green beans
1 (16 ounce) package of frozen peas
1 package of baby carrots
Half of an onion chopped into small pieces
2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
5(14.5 ounce) cans fat-free beef broth or one big thing of it
Season to your taste with garlic powder
Season to your taste with Worcesterine sauce
Season to your taste salt
Season to your taste pepper
Directions
I did not use a crock pot. I just used a deep pot on the top of the stove to make this and it tasted great. You can also tell I hate measuring things and like to just season things how I like and taste them to see if I need to add more. That is me, if you need an exact measurement go off of the actual recipe I provided in my link.
- Cook the stew meat in the skillet until cooked through (make sure and spray the pan so it does not stick) I would also cook on medium heat so to avoid smoking up the house. I also added some meat tenderizer to make the meat soft and not tough.
-Dump the vegetables all in the pan with the chopped up onion, diced tomatoes and beef broth.
-Add the meat when done cooking and then season with the seasonings and the worcestershire sauce you have till you like the taste of the soup.
- Bring to boil and then reduce your heat to medium for about an hour or until the vegetables are done.
Hope you enjoy!

Sounds yummy! What is this meat tenderizer you speak of and where can I get some? :)
ReplyDelete