Thursday, November 3, 2011

The End to Soccer

Well soccer ended about two weeks ago and I am just now posting about it. Oh well, sometimes I feel like blogging and sometimes I do not. Anyway, here is what Wyatt got to do on the last day of soccer.
Here he is with Vince on the hayride that the coach put together for the kids. His coach was Andrew Burgdorf and I have to say this man went above and beyond for these kids to make it a great experience for them. He was a really good coach and Drake his son was Wyatt's best friend through the season.
Wyatt and I on the hayride. The little boy in the background is Drake (Wyatt's best bud). All the kids got to color pictures to hang on the wagon. Andrew even supplied the paper and colors for them to do it and then stapled the pictures on to the side of the wagon. The kids all had alot of fun making the pictures. The hayride went on a country road and then back into town and down locust street.  The kids all had alot of fun on it and Wyatt got to see some tractors which made his day. He loves tractors and any farm equipment that he sees. It was about an hour long hayride and the kids got snacks and drinks.
Here the kids are getting their trophy's that the coach and his family made for them and they also got hot coco and treat bags to. The guy in the black shirt is the coach and like I said he went above and beyond in my opinion to make it a good experience for the kids. What coach makes trophy's and treat bags for the kids and a hayride at the end of a sports season. He was definitely an awesome coach in my opinion and he was so patient and kind to all the kids. I hope he coaches again sometime and Wyatt has him as a coach.
Here is Wyatt and Drake with their trophy's.  Wyatt did not want his picture taken. Little turd.
Here is Wyatt with the medal they also got for playing soccer. I am not sure if the YMCA gave these out or if Andrew did. His trophy is behind his back. See what I mean about not wanting his picture taken. The look says it all.
This is the best team shot we could get of the kids. They were all getting antsy at this point.
Playing on the hayride wagon.
Another shot on the hayride. Sorry about the hat picture. We are going to be getting him a new one for Christmas. I hope he will wear it though. He loves the worn and old look that his hat has. 
All in all I think Wyatt had a good time playing soccer. His attention span for it was pretty low but he did try some. I figure he is still young. We may sign him up next year, we will see. They will also have basketball next year so we will see what he wants to do if anything. Vince and I like to try and get him into activities instead of being cooped up inside the house all the time and then he also gets to play with kids his own age. I just got his pictures today from soccer and I will try and scan them tonight and see if I can get them to post on here. He is so cute!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I am a new follower from Tag Along Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome - what a great coach! Definitely above and beyond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the Restless blog hop! I might be crazy, but I am kind of looking forward to soccer in the rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! saw you posted a comment on my guest post and i think my link is broken! here is the link to my site if you want to check it out- thanks for the comment!!
    loveisallyouneedbowers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete