Well this weekend was a good weekend that is for sure. Vince, me and the kids got to get away for a weekend and see family we have not seen in a couple of years. We really had a good time.
Friday: Vince and I got off at noon and met at the house to load the car, grab a bite to eat and head out to his parents to leave for Carmi, IL. We went to Carmi because Vince's dad's brother was coming in from Ohio and we were also going to visit with Jim's other brother who lives in Carmi. It is a two hour drive but Isaac did great. Isaac was in our car and Wyatt rode with Pam and Jim and apparently slepted the entire way. Boy did they get lucky, lol. Anyway we arrived around 5 unpacked the car and settled into our rooms for a bit. Isaac needed fed so we hung out and fed him. Once Isaac was done we headed out to Vince's aunt and uncle's house in Carmi to visit with everyone for the evening. We stayed till about 9 or 10 and then headed back to the hotel where we all ended up in Neil and Jessie's room to hangout and talk. Me and the kids headed back to our room around midnight and crashed and Vince wondered back in about 2:30 in the morning. Anyway Isaac woke up at 3 am and from then on he would not go back to sleep. I think it was because we were in someplace new and not familiar to him. So needless to say we walked the hotel most the night.
Saturday: Wyatt woke up and thanks to Pam and Jim they took Wyatt for awhile so I could deal with Isaac. Vince the soundest sleeper in the world could not be woken up. Once we were all up though we eat breakfast and thanks to having the most wonderful in-laws in the world I got to be kids free and take a shower and watch a show while everyone finished eating and visited a little. After everyone was all showered and ready to go we checked out of the hotel, visited some more with family, went to the cemetery where family of Pam and Jim's is buried and around four we headed home. After a quick Wal-Mart stop on the way home we ended up home around 9 pm. I did not get any photos from this trip due to the fact I wanted to visit and relax.
Sunday: We ended up just staying around the house and doing housework after a walk in town. Here are some photos that I got from Sunday.
Isaac in his 6-9 month clothes that fit perfect. Crazy I know considering he is only two and a half months old.
Wyatt and his dad playing with his train table we moved downstairs. Works alot better down there rather in my dinning room. His aunt and uncle Ellen and Ken got him the train set you see on it. I set the tracks up when we moved the table downstairs Sunday night and he loves playing with it.
Another train table shot.
Then there is this. Ken and Ellen got this for Wyatt and Pam and Jim dropped it off Sunday on their way home from Carmi. Once we got it I put it together. We had some friends over at the time and their kids helped to. He LOVES this play station. If you are reading this Ellen and Ken, thank you.
Wyatt and the girls played with it for awhile and then after our company left Vince and Wyatt played. Vince would order something and Wyatt would make it.
Its Tuesday and he is still in love with it. He was playing with it this morning before we left for daycare. I think he would take it with him to daycare if he could.
Showing off his creation. Lol! He is so proud of his little play station it is not even funny.
That was our weekend hope everyone else had a good weekend.

I love his train table - too cute!!! Sounds like you guys had a great albeit BUSY weekend with all of the traveling! Its always wonderful to see family and friends:)
ReplyDeleteHope you guys are having a great week!
Thanks for the comment and you to. He loves his train table and I got it off craigslist for 30.00.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow! Looking forward to learning more about you! Following back! :)
ReplyDelete