Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Recipe-Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo

I made this the other night and it was awesome!! I made a rule in my house when I make something new I want an honest opinion of it and if it is a no go the recipe goes in the trash. Vince and Wyatt does good with letting me know what they think. So it works out great and makes me want to try and experiment and cook new things. Wyatt actually eat his whole plate full and usually I have to pull teeth to get him to eat supper.  So here is the recipe. Hope you try it and it works for you to. Not to mention it is cheap to make.

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients:
1/2 of a 16 oz. pkg. linguine
1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
2 tbsp. butter
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
1 can (10 3/4  oz.) Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

How To:
Prepare linguine according to package directions in 3 qt. saucepan.  Add broccoli during last 4 minutes of cooking time.  Drain linguine and broccoli well in colander.

Heat butter in 10" skillet over medium-high heat.  Add chicken and cook until well browned, stirring often.

Stir soup, milk, cheese, black pepper and linguine mixture into skillet.  Cook until mixture is hot and bubbling. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.

I got this recipe from the tastefully simple magazine I get in the mail. Give it a try, you might like it.

3 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! Will definitely have to try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! This sounds so good! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!!! When I cook something I know is good I like to share for all those out there who are like me on a tight schedule with a crazy life.

    ReplyDelete