Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stitches

Well Monday was going pretty good for us. I had my 26.5 week check up at the doctor ( I will get to that in another post), pampered chef quarter auction, and then home to do some housework and chill out. I really hope the pampered chef does another quarter auction like that again. They auctioned off some really nice things and I went with my mother in law who treated me to Subway's Chicken Salad Sandwich which was awesome! So all in all in was a good night until...................

Go to fullsize image
My son met one of these and not in a good way (see above). He usually does really good with our step stool, getting it out and unfolding it but we still like to help him with it and keep a close eye on him.  Well like every toddler he is impatient and when you do not help him do something right away he tries to do it himself. Sorry Vince he gets this from his mama. Anyway he wanted to help his dad feed the fish and went to get the stool himself cause Vince was doing something. He ended up falling and getting his finger stuck in between the stool and its bars and it cut it open. So needless to say we had to take him to ER to get stitches. He was pretty freaked out but Vince said he did great. Vince stayed in the ER room with him while he had the stitches put in cause I do not have the stomach for it. He deserves a father of the year award for doing that and not falling to pieces. I was in the waiting room two rooms down and heard him wailing and fell all to hell. Seriously it felt like my insides were getting ripped to pieces. I called my mother in law crying my eyes out. Definitely high on my list for things I hate doing as a parent. Oh well facts of life I guess. Anyway after three stitches and one of these
Go to fullsize image
we were good to go home and go to bed. I was worried about how he would do with daycare and such, but he did awesome. He does not even use the hand at all and he really does not want you to touch it. You can tell it bothers him but he does not want anything for the pain. He says he is going to be tough like his dad.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a trooper! I think if and when I ever have a little boy of my own I'm going to have a heart attack. My little brother Roger was in the ER all.the.time. I'm glad that Vince was able to handle it! Every situation seems ten times worse and more dramatic when you're pregnant, anyway. I can't imagine....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Poor guy! How's he doing now? Hope he's ok! He's gonna need those fingers later on in life. It's hard enough as it is.

    ReplyDelete