This seems to be a complicated topic for some. Before I start I want to be clear on one thing, this is solely MY view of religion and some issues that have arisen. It is not my friends, husbands or anyone elses views. Everyone else can speak for themselves on this issue.
First off when people ask me what religion I am I tell them Christian and not anything else. I attend the Baptist Church for services but I claim Christian as my religion. I go to church because I love to hear the sermons, to hear about God and give thanks to him for all he has done in mine and my families lives. I enjoy church and I enjoy church more when it involves my family, all of us. I do not go to church to have judgment passed on me or get in with drama or anything else. God is my main focus. I do not like division and regulations on what you can and cannot do to be in with a church.
For Example:
1. I like to have a drink of wine or a beer every now and then. I have high anxiety and it helps at the end of a long day. I do not get drunk and am responsible for my actions 100% therefore I do not see anything wrong with it. I also like to drink with friends and have a good time. Again I am 100% responsible and NO I am not drinking now that I am pregnant and never would for those that are wondering. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with drinking as long as it is not taken to far.
2. Another example would be cussing. Yes I cuss on occasion and I try and control it. I do by best to not use Gods name in vain as the bible says. I do not see anything wrong with cussing as long as it is not excessive, such as every other word. But I do not judge those that do cuss or drink. No one is perfect.
I love God and he has done wonders for me and my life. I do not do anything wrong by doing the two things above as long as I am in control of my actions. I will not change unless I chose to and I firmly believe I am still following God. I am never going to pretend like I am someone I am not to please people or fit in. I would rather be an outsider. I like to get to know new people and not just what some people consider faults. As a Christian you are not suppose to judge. I am guilty of that at times, as I am not perfect, no one is. I am also a mom of two and feel that it is very important for my children to know about God but also to stay true to themselves and not go with what everyone else would do with reason. I would never encourage my children to murder someone, but I would encourage them to never lose track of who they are and to stand up for what they feel is right. I am not trying to push anything on anyone as far as drinking or anything else. I encourage people to follow God but not to feel so restricted that it makes you unhappy or not be true to who you are as a person. With this being said this is some of my views on religion.

I totally agree with your views on Christianity. I wish more people were open-minded and rather than focusing on judging everyone else, spend more time focusing on being a good person and raising a good family.
ReplyDeleteLegalism sucks. If having a glass of wine is a sin then we're all doomed to Hell, cause I guess Jesus wasn't so perfect after all. :) I kid, of course. (Yikes, waiting for the pitch forks and torches to come out, haha.)
ReplyDeleteIt's isn't necessarily bad per say to help out a friend by being honest with them when they're screwing up, but more often than not people choose to gossip and be tattle tales for Jesus instead of lovingly being a friend. :/ It's really too bad.