I decided to finally work on Isaac's letters this week. I was going to have them made but found it was so much cheaper to just do it myself and not be lazy. Plus I made Wyatt's letter before he was born and I would feel bad if I did not do the same for Isaac. It actually did not take me that long luckily. So here is how I did it.
I bought these at Michael's a couple of months ago for a total of $10.00.
I also bought some of this for .50 cents a piece. I ended up getting more then I needed but oh well. I looked up online some cool art projects I could do with Wyatt with the leftover paint so I will get use out of it.
Here is the colors Vince and I picked out. Out of all of those I only ended up using a half of a blue and a half of an orange. At least it was on sale and I can get other use out of it.
Anyway this is what you would need for the project. Your paint and brushes.
I did the first coat on the letters orange and then on the outside of the letters I did that blue. I let the orange paint dry overnight and then did the blue the next day. I then let the blue dry overnight and put another coat of orange on the following day. Take a look.
The finished project from the top.
The finished project from the bottom. What do you think?? The total of this project for me was $12.00. Not bad in my opinion. If anyone needs some letters done let me know. I loved doing these. Now I have to figure out how I want to hang them. Any suggestions?

They turned out great! I always think that letters hung by a ribbon are super cute, or even put up on a shelf. But you really can't go wrong - even if you just hang them up as is. Good job!
ReplyDeleteThey look awesome!!! I love the colors...and for such a great price!!! Great job:)
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!! I am going the fishing string route to hang them. After I get them done and the plane Vince made Wyatt hung I am going to do a room reveal.
ReplyDelete