Well Fathers Day weekend is when Wyatt got his first ever camping experience. I think he had a pretty good time to. We had to do it this weekend cause I cannot travel in July according to my OBYGN and it was the only weekend my mom and Joe could do it together. So off we were at 8 am Saturday morning to eat some breakfast at my moms restaurant and await what the weather had in store for us. We hung around their house until about 9 or 9:30 in the morning and the weather was still calling for storms. We decided to give it a shot anyway and see what the day gave us. So off we were at 9 or 9:30 to Caster River where my mom and Joe have a camper at. It is roughly a two hour drive from Red Bud but I thought it was worth it. Once we got down there the weather cleared up for the day and we had a good time. Here are some photos.
Joe had some gravel delivered to have spread around the camper and Wyatt was loving shoveling it up and spreading it out.
We also had a golf cart to ride around on down there. He loved that also.
Wyatt and Papa going at it with their shovels. He loved that gravel pile.
Wyatt even got his dad to help out with the shoveling.
Sick of seeing it yet. Told you he was in love.
Our dog Lucy standing on the picnic table. It is nice to just have one dog now and a small one at that. We can pretty much take her wherever we go.
Vince and Wyatt in the lake. It might just have been me but that lake felt awesome. I had to stay off my feet for most of the weekend but I went in for a little bit and it felt great! Plus I felt a whole lot lighter in the water.
Mom, Joe and Wyatt taking a tour of the campsite.
Wyatt talked Papa into getting in with him for a little bit.
The only downside to the water was that Wyatt did not know how to swim and fell at one point in the part, he could still touch in the area he fell in though. He fell in the area where the water is in the picture above on him and it scared him. The bad thing is that the next week was his first swim lessons and lets just say it was rough. The nice part about Caster River though is that you can walk out halfway into the water and still be touching no problem and the water is as clear as day. You can look down and see the fish all around your feet and the rocks on the bottom. It was great! Another nice thing is that all the people around were so nice and welcoming. I love when you go and do something with people who have that same interest as you. It was like being amongst friends only they were strangers.
He however could not convince grandma to join him at all.
Lucy. I took this at a good time. Lol!
Here is a better one.
Grilling Saturday night.
Up bright and early Sunday and Wyatt wanted to go for a golf cart ride.
Looks like he got his wish. Lol!
Last time to play on the gravel pile. He could not pass that up.
Photo of Vince and I. We tried for at least ten minutes to get Wyatt to join us but he wouldn't. He was being a little difficult at this point because he played so hard Saturday, went to bed late and was still wore out Sunday morning.
Here I was just trying to get one of just him and he was telling me no. We only stayed Saturday and Saturday night. We left early Sunday morning cause we had plans with Vince's family for Father's Day but we all had fun. I hope we can go back next year or even again after the baby is born, depending when that is. The weather was even nice to us the whole time to. It stormed when we were all going to bed at 11 pm and stopped before we got up in the morning. Mom even made us all breakfast before we left. Cannot beat moms cooking that for sure. On the way home Wyatt crashed for the two hours and I think I was in and out of sleep for that time to. I could not get comfortable on the camper bed to save my life. Looks like Wyatt liked the outdoors though and I hope we get to go on many camping trips together through the years. I am an outdoors person and love camping.

Aww, looks like a great time! I'm impressed by all of you pregnant mama's going camping this summer! I bet that golf cart was really nice to have around. :)
ReplyDeleteThat water does look really clear; sometimes swimming in a lake freaks me out, because I can't see through the water!