Friday, July 22, 2011

Crockpot Lemon Pepper Chicken

Go to fullsize image

I am a dumb butt and did not take a picture of what it looked like when it was done. Oh well, thanks to yahoo this is the picture I got that looks similar to what mine did when finished.

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken
Basil
Salt
Pepper
Lemon Juice
Whatever other seasoning you may want to use

Directions:
Add enough water at the bottom of your crockpot to cover the bottom completely

Then place the whole chicken in the crockpot

Season with the basil, salt, pepper and what ever other seasoning you chose

Pour lemon juice over the chicken. You may also be able to buy lemons and slice them up and stick them in there also. I did not try this but am going to next time.

My crockpot I put on high for four hours and it was done. You can cook it on low for eight also. I also periodically would take a spoon or turkey baster  to lift some of the water up to pour over the chicken to keep it moist.

When I went to get the chicken out it was so tender and it just fell apart. It was delicious! Let me know if you try it and like it.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I never did a whole chicken in the crock pot. I'll have to try it! New follower from the friday hop! I would love for you to stop by http://aboutamom.com to say hi & return follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha!!! New follower here via the Blog Hop... Hope you have a great weekend!!! :) - http://www.OliviaBlueMusic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower from the Stalk Hop Friday. I'd love if you'd check out my blog at
    http://babygiveawaysgalore.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I'm definitely going to try this recipe. I love using my crock pot.

    ReplyDelete