Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Swim Lessons Part 2

Welcome to Part 2 of Swim Lessons. These are photos from when I got to go in the second week of his lessons. By this time he was in the deep end splashing around and loving it. His grandparents took him the days I could not. Here are the photos I got in week two.



He learned a new trick. Jump in on the board, so much funnier.

He was not having to wear goggles at first but then all of a sudden in the first week his eyes would get swollen and have matter coming out of them. I took him to the doctor thinking maybe pink eye but soon found out that he was allergic the chlorine in the pool. So even with the goggles we still have to do eye drops in his eyes after he goes swimming cause the doctor said with to much exposure to it and that bad of a reaction it could cause damage to his eyes. Yikes! Luckily with the eye drops and goggles it will not. Looks like someone got a mommy trait. Sorry son. Mine is not in my eyes though, I just swell all over and cannot breath so I take benedryl and that kicks it in the butt luckily.

Just hanging out.
Even though his dad could not make it in these two weeks Wyatt made sure I was taking pictures to show him. We also made sure to take him to the pool during a total of three weeks and work with him also. We especially worked with him when he was scared of the water to show him it was okay. Needless to say our house took a back burner for getting things done during that time. Hey somethings are more important and we wanted to make sure he was getting it and let his dad see what he had accomplished so far. This year at swim lessons they just got him used to the water and kicking. Next year he will learn to swim without anything. I think Vince and I are going to see what we can do with him though and see if we can teach him how to swim from here. If not I guess next year we will be at it again. Luckily we got a pool pass as a gift from my mom and Joe so we get to go as often as we want and boy are we grateful  for that. I wish we had a pool in our backyard. Trust me I would live in it with it being this hot and me this pregnant.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I've never heard of being allergic to chlorine! I'm glad there are ways to get around it...I couldn't imagine never being able to swim!

    Do you know what ages the swim lessons are for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy there was a way around it especially for him to. I would have hated not letting him go to the pool and swim but I would have hated it even more having to pay for glasses and his eyes getting damaged.

    The swim lessons begin at the age of 3. He had 3-5 year olds in his group and then as far as the next step I am not sure. I signed up at the YMCA in Red Bud for $39.00 because I am a member. Non members pay 70.00. The phone number is 282-9622 if you want more information.

    ReplyDelete