Thursday, July 7, 2011

Recipe: Potato Soup

I have been craving potato soup like a man women lately and decided last week to go on a search and find a recipe for it that was easy, had good reviews and looked good. Here is what I came across at www.allrecipes.com. Hope you will love this as much as Vince and I did.

Potato Soup

Go to fullsize image

Ingredients:

3 bacon strips, diced (I ended up making 6. We love bacon in our house what can I say)
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
2 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed (I ended up doing 6 potatoes all together on this one because 2 did not seem like enough to me.)
1 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
Shredded cheddar cheese
Minced fresh parsley

Directions:

*In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp.
*Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings
*Set aside bacon
*Saute onion and garlic in the drippings until tender
*Stir in flour, salt, basil and pepper; mix well
*Gradually add broth
*Bring to boil, boil and stir for two minutes
*Add potatoes, cream and hot pepper sauce
*Heat through but do not boil (I just heated until my potatoes were tender)
*Garnish with bacon, cheese and parsley.

The serving size says that it feeds four, but I am going to say it actually feeds five to six. Unless you have a bunch of hungry men over then you might want to double it.

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes




1 comment:

  1. New follower.

    I LOVE potato soup. I'll need to try this recipe...I've never tried basil in it. Thanks!

    Please stop by and check out my blog.
    http://wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete